Twas a sad day... Vert Gone

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Guy picked up my Vert last Wed. He still owes me a few hundred, waiting on him to sell his old wheels to complete the deal and give him the title.

Hopefully I'll get another later down the road, just not sure I'll find another in that good of condition.

Did keep a few things since he wanted to lower the price, so I'll post up with pics in the Vert FS thread soon:

-Vert boot cover, never been folded, mint condition, with bag and have the plastic piece that goes behind the back seat to secure the boot cover.
-Vert top up/down buttons
-Vert rear window switches

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Dammit Biggie :frown:

biggie

Yeah, women, kids, wedding will hurt your toy funds.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Sorry to hear that. You gotta do what you gotta do.

PMed about the boot cover and the plastic piece.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Sad to see her go :(

What condition is the window switch in?

biggie

Believe its one I grabbed from a junkyard vert and it didn't have the plastic switches, just the control unit and would have to put the buttons on it from another one. Basically if you are desperate for window switches.

I'll get some pics of things this weekend. "94" is getting the boot/bag/plastic piece.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I need to buckle down and order a new switch. I just want one that looks new and has the up/down print on the switch.

biggie

Can you order new ones? I got one that was in the Vert after I bought it, but that was '06. Not sure if they have any these days.

SnaggleToof

biggie do you still have the boot cover?

i cant figure out how to PM you.. lol

biggie

SnaggleToof wrote:biggie do you still have the boot cover?

i cant figure out how to PM you.. lol

"94" purchased the boot cover.

Only things I have leftover:

-set of OEM FLCA with whiteline bushings
-pair of altima fans
-rear window switches
-Top up/down switch

Mistyeyes Blue
Car: 1993 240sx LE convertible

Hijacker wrote:I need to buckle down and order a new switch. I just want one that looks new and has the up/down print on the switch.
I just bought my 1993 240SX LE Vert, In the trunk are the old window buttons and steering column light switch and headlight actuator control... the guy put the old ones in the new bags and threw em in the trunk, if you want I can look at the part numbers and get back to you with them. It doesn't have the up down switch for the top, but they would likely have them from the same manufacturer. They are identical to the original ones. Let me know

Hijacker
'94 F-150

The 1/4 window unit P/N would be fantastic to have. I'm pulling the hydraulics from the top assembly in the future, so I'm not too worried about that top switch, and my stalk combo switches are going to a shop in Hawaii to be refurbished rather than buy new.

Mistyeyes Blue
Car: 1993 240sx LE convertible

Every time I see the subject of this post I want to cry. I have to ask, is there a therapy thread on here...? I am seriously still mourning the loss of my 92. I lost it in December when a guy lost control of his 4 wheel drive truck coming down a hill.... I could see he was loosing it at the top so I had just enough time to jump out of her and close the door before he slammed into the front end and knocked her down the hill where she scraped all along the side of another car. It was like a scene from a movie... $8,000.00 worth of damage so you know where that left me... I paid 7,300 and had another 7,000 into it... I Loved it and it was my pride and joy. I have full coverage, but with State Farm it seems that is sort of like FU coverage, missing the L's...

Ugh, it still makes me sick to think of it. I had a guy try to buy me a different car once, a newer car and I totally refused... I LOVE the 240SX. I found one almost identical (except of course it is an LE) in Minnesota and a friend flew over and drove it back (1,871 miles) it is in awesome condition mechanically and good condition aesthetically, love the leather interior so far, we'll see in summer....bathing suits and shorts and all. I would Love to be on pimp my ride or overhauling... sigh. Until then, I am thankful for this forum to be able to touch base with other insane folks....lol. I joined when I had my first 240SX vert, but wasn't so needy then. Now, I have traded some problems for others (mostly mechanical is better, trim is in need) but was ecstatic to see he had replaced the top and stereo as well as window switches and the headlight switch and actuator. I apologize ahead of time if I don't get posts in the right place... If I mess it up, just tell me.

I know this sounds odd... but does anyone know of a site where I can photoshop my ideas for paint jobs onto a pic of my car and see ahead of time what it would look like? I have an idea in my head, but don't know how it might really look. ok, thanks again...

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Mistyeyes Blue wrote:
I know this sounds odd... but does anyone know of a site where I can photoshop my ideas for paint jobs onto a pic of my car and see ahead of time what it would look like? I have an idea in my head, but don't know how it might really look. ok, thanks again...
Here you go. It could be tricky but you will figure out if you play with it a little.

http://www.stuner.net/

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I like stuner despite all the hype and the drift kids worshiping it. Play around with it, and you'll get a good idea of what you want your car to look like. It's not a full compliment of what you can do with a 240, but it's pretty durned close. I keep meaning to contact the guys that made it and ask them to put a LHD/RHD option in as well as the ability to load up racing buckets.

-I put that together a while ago as some inspiration for what I plan to do with the vert.

biggie

I did find 2 sets of 1/4 window switches if any one needs some. No buttons on them though.

Also found some extra of the screws with snaps for the panels that the boot snaps on too.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”