Turning off the horn blow when arming security system

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
trusty_getto
Car: Nissan Rogue

Anyone know if there's a way to turn the horn blow (toot) off when I lock the doors and arm the security system? That's pretty much the only think I don't like about my lovely Rogue . . .

philipa_240sx

It's on page 3-8 of your owners manual:

Quote »Setting hazard indicator and horn mode:This vehicle is set in hazard indicator and horn mode when you first receive the vehicle.

In hazard indicator and horn mode, when the LOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes twice and the horn chirps once. When the UNLOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes once.

If hazard indicator and horn mode is not necessary, you can switch to hazard indicator only mode by following the switching procedure. In hazard indicator only mode, when the LOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes twice. When the UNLOCK button is pushed, neither the hazard indicator nor thehorn operates.

Switching procedure:Push the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds to switch from one mode to the other. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator only mode, the hazard indicator flashes 3 times. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator and horn mode, the hazard indicator flashes once and the horn chirps once.[/quote]

trusty_getto
Car: Nissan Rogue

THANKS!

The index had directed me to 2-19, and I didn't even catch that there was a whole other explanation in section 3!

Lo' and behold - it worked . . .

That's fantastic This forum is freakin' awesome

RogueGirl
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

I was just passing by lurking and found this great info. This has been anoying to me as well... thanks a lot! I didn't know I could turn this off!

KGC
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

My Honda Odyssey flashes 2x when it gets UNlocked, and once when it gets locked, I assume because it's more important to know your car is UNlocked than it is to know that it's locked. It's odd that you don't get ANY visual verification from the hazard indicator when the Rogue gets UNlocked.

Return to “Rogue Forum”