turn hazard flasher? Where is it?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
velkin
Car: 1989 Nissan Hardbody 2.4 2wd D21

Everything I read says look under the steering wheel above the clutch pedal. I don't see it.

velkin
Car: 1989 Nissan Hardbody 2.4 2wd D21

think i found my starting point. Thanks VStar

Re: 1990 Hardbody 4cyl 2wd No Turn signals hazard lights
Unread postby VStar650CL » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:25 am

The way your truck is set up, all the power for the directionals and hazards goes through the hazard switch and then through a common combination flasher. The only things I see on the WD that are common to both systems are the Orange wire from the fusebox to the hazard switch, the Brown/White wire that feeds power from the hazard switch to the combination flasher, and the Green wire between the flasher and both the turn and hazard switches. Everything else would cause one system to malfunction but not both. Use a bulb-type test light (not a meter or LED) to check for power at ORG on the hazard switch. If none then ORG is broken between the fusebox and the hazard switch. Then check the BRN/WHT wire, if none then the hazard switch is bad or the ORG or BRN/WHT pin isn't making contact. Then check BRN/WHT at the flasher, if none then BRN/WHT is broken between the hazard switch and the flasher. Then check GRN at the hazard switch, the test lamp should flash. If not, GRN is broken someplace between the flasher and both switches.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”