turboing the ka24de from a 1997

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
tony/ka24de

i want to turbo the ka24de. i want to build a custom manifold, I think i will go with a turbo from a 2.5 chrsyler. I only want to boost about 5 to 7psi. I know i will need turbo,manifold,ic,ic piping,full exhaust(not sure what size to go with),bov,turbo gauge,airfuel gauge,and something to boost my fuel(not sure what to use,something that cheap and does the job). Do I need anything else? Truthfully i only want to go with 5psi because i want the ka24de to still be very reliable. Does anyone on this site have a 1995-7 240sx with a turbo on the ka with stock internals? Can my injector handle this low boost?How much horse will I gain from this?

Daunttless

Your injectors will not handle it, they run out of juice around 200hp. General rule of thumb is you gain 8-10hp per psi.

tony/ka24de

what injector should i get? how many options do i have?

the turbo that I am probably going to use is a te04 mitu form a crysler.

tony/ka24de

who put driving moms car under my user name?

Daunttless

Well, 370CC injectors from a SR20 would probably work for you. That would be the cheapest option. The rest of your answers are searchable, I also don't know the exact specs on your turbo or I'd give you the heads up on it. Lastly, your title is based on your posts, you're new, so you get the ***** title. Welcome to the site.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Don't lie DauntTless, you put that name there yourself. He does that to alot of people, its his way of bothering them...lol.

Any rising rate fuel pressure regulator will work for your fuel problems. If you use bigger injectors without some sort of management your car will run awful, trust me I know. I tried 550's on a car that has 340's stock. She over fueled like a big dog at idle and ended up fowling a full set of NGK Iridiums, that I payed 100 bucks for(Jap Prices Suck).

Also, if you have the fuel problems handled. There isn't any reason you couldn't easily boost 10 psi. The KA isn't as weak as people make it out to be.

WD

tony/ka24de

do i have to change my injectors if i stay at a maximum of 5psi?Cant i just change my regulator? And daunttless get rid of that man. lol I WORKED LIKE A DOG TO BY THAT BEAST

WDRacing

You could possibly keep the stock injectors, but neither DauntTless or I would suggest that. Thye safe bet is get new injectors. But its your car...

WD

Daunttless

you have issues with my second T don't you? : )

Also, like he said, I most definitely would not suggest the stock injectors, 1 psi is approximately equal to 8-10 horsepower gain on average for 2.0 or so liter engines, on the KA it's shown to make more, ( ie the Nsport kit running 7-8 psi and hitting 230rwhp ) your injectors max right about 200hp, I would highly suggest not risking it.

WDRacing

Somebody corrected me a day or so ago about spelling your name with only one t. So now I make it a point to capitalize T #2.

On topic, boosting an engine is not somthing to take lightly. Adding fuel is THE only thing you can do to eliminate detonation, other then lowering your compression. But that will not be cheap, or easy.

Just add the injectors, if you can't afford a piggy back like the SAFC or SAFR then I wouldn't even consider adding a turbo.

WD

Syntax360
Car: 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

lol....make more posts and it will go away

syka24et
Car: Turbo cars

tony/ka24de wrote:do i have to change my injectors if i stay at a maximum of 5psi?Cant i just change my regulator? And daunttless get rid of that man. lol I WORKED LIKE A DOG TO BY THAT BEAST
Man just make sure you change your injectors cause you cannot make power without adaquate fuel. Think about it the stock injectors are 260cc's (i think) which is small for a 2.5. The 1.8 type r integra comes with like 270s from the factory. So the injectors are just about maxed on even a low boost setting.

boarder445us

i am planning on putting a Turbo XS, or a custom turbo kit on my 97 240 SX SE with 60000 miles, a guy wants to sell me 450 CC injectors for 250$. Are those too big??? should i get SR 20 370??? LMK, thanks

boarder445us

also, if i bought the full kit from Nsport or Turbo XS, what else would i need, would i need a fuel pump and the injectors?? How hard of an install is that.

Structure240sx

if you read Npsort's website on the stage 1 kit it tell you that it comes with a walbro fuel pump dont know which one prob the 190lt/h. the kit also come with a vortech 7:1 FMU (fuel management unit) with increasing feul pressure 7 psi for every 1psi of boost i think it how it works. this is the kit ill be goin with as soon as i seel my matic and get a 5spd with less miles. but ill be goin with SR 370 until i fully build a spare ka hopefully

encasemyheart

If the stock injectors run out of juice at 200hp, how does the nsport kit make the power it does on the stockers? Or are you talking without any other fuel mods?

What ratio FPR is best? Or does it depend on application? I've heard some say the 12:1 is the best, while the nsport uses 7:1. Does it depend on your anticipated boost pressure so you don't go over a certain fuel pressure or something?

tony/ka24de

how much is a fuel managment piggyback? how will my car run with sr20 injectors under no boost? Does a rising rate fuel pressure regulator do the same thing a piggyback does? Are the 300zx injectors the same as the sr20 injector? How much are these injectors?

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

let's take it one at a time

- $250-$700 new (AFAIK)- if you mean without a fuel controller then it'll probably won't run. Too much fuel will bog your engine- Nope and Yes. Most piggibacks can adjust fuel flow +-50% while the FPR can only do it + not -. So an FPR cannot control bigger injectors at idle a piggyback can- Nope but they both have the same specs and fit the KA24DE stock rail if that is what you mean- new? don't know, I got mine used for like $150 from phase2

Even though some people beleive otherwise, the little red button does help alot. LOL

Structure240sx

it might take a while but the search button does help. i know i've spent the past couple months reading everything on here i hardly knew anything about turbos before now i have a pretty decent understanding of them and what kind of work it takes which im ready for

WDRacing

Maybe we should come down there and build the car for ya...do a little research on your own bro. You obviously need to learn alot about building a forced induction motor. I don't mean to sound harsh but really...

This isn't somthing a novice can just tackle. I know asking everything that comes to mind is easy, but if everyone does that then this site runs out of bandwidth. That affects everyone...

I hate to close threads, but we can't keep these things going forever.

WD

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”