turboing an auto??

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Cookdaddy
Car: basketball, MMA (UFC)

Alright, I have an auto s14 and I was thinking about turbo'n it. I really want to do the manual swap, but I dont really want to lay down 1k for the swap then turn right around and throw a turbo in it. Have any of you turbo'd your auto, or have you heard of any auto 240's turbo'd? I know auto turbo's can brake spool and they dont lose boost at shift, but is it worth it to turbo it? Oh and I already searched and found jack ****.

silviaNE
Car: cars what else?

there used to be a guy on the net that had the f-max kit (stage 2 i think?) He was making some nice power to. If you search 240sx automatic turbo on yahoo, it should pop up. His site was very comprehensive and tech useful. My wifes s14 is an auto and we are building a new turbo setup for it right now. my turbo s14 is an auto also. I am using a turbonetics t4 with custom tubular manifold. It dosent lose as much boost during upshifts, not nearly as nice as a 5 speed (trust me). but it is still a great car to drive. Also makes for some great burnouts.hope this helps. I do recomend adding a trans cooler to the transmission though.

Structure240sx

i have an auto 95. im just waiting for my nsport kit to come in hopefully in a week ill let u's know how it turns out. a guy on here wolf240sx has an s13 auto running 13.5 off nsport stage 2

Cookdaddy
Car: basketball, MMA (UFC)

Sweet. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks for the info guys!

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”