turbo upgrade question.

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Just another 240

i'm planning to upgrade my engine by adding a turbo.

I know i have to or at least should lowering my compression ratio. My question is that how can I ? My friend said that i can do it by adding a slightly thicker gasket (let say i do it that way)but then how can i know if i lowered my compression ratio too little or too much by the gasket.Does it label on the gasket? or what?

Let's say go the other way and tried to lower my compression ratio by buying new pistons, then how do i tell? does the piston come with labels saying how much it would lower and stuff?

Also if i do add a turbo, do i have to change internal parts(piston, rings etc) to withstand the power of the turbo so things wont' start breakin on me.

Thank You.

TruboostPerformance

a new headgasket that is bigger would not lower the compresion too much, I do not think you can find one that will do that, or I believe it would not be a effecient head gasket, as far as pistons and rods go, you would order them through a reputable shop which should know exactly the KA motor for one, and two will know what to sell you to get the right compression, good luck...

Just another 240

ok, thank you.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

SCE makes metal headgaskets in 3 different thicknesses for the KA24DE...

I'll be using their stock thickness one to help prevent any detonation problems when I go turbo.

-chet

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

dofbft:

Have you ever run your frontier in the 1/4? That thing sounds pretty frickin sweet.

Rick

TruboostPerformance

95sx: No I have not yet, we only have a 1/8 mile around here, and I have some traction problems since the rearend is so light, I have a few more parts to get on for tunablility(pocketlogger if anyone knows of it)...

george
Car: autocross

i was using the stock head gasket and running 22 psi with no problems and racing the hell out of my car. i think if you stayed with the stocker you shouldnt have a problem.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”