Turbo J30?

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

i have not seen a j30 with z32 type front suspension. is that something that came out later?

McAdam
Car: I like cars and my motorcycle. boats are fun too

this is all true and good, Eswift but you also have to look at other considerations. consider the fact that a Skyline R32 and other R series chassis front cross members BOLT IN to S13 chassis. EVERYTHING lines up perfectly, especially on the RB20DET motors. And I do have first hand experience at this. I put a RB20DET into a 1990 hatch. R32 and Y32 sound like very similar chassis codes.

Now, look at the differential interchangeability. I would be willing to bet that the rear suspensionms are pretty much the same. It is possible to bolt a Z32 rear suspension into a S13 cahssis. I have seen sites with it done. People with extremely high HP applications do it for the R230 rear end.

wasn't super hicas a limited option on non USDM S13 cars? I am pretty sure it was. reguar HICAS was available on USDM 240sx's, I know that for a fact.

they can do wonderous things with car chassis these days. the new altima and the new maxima as well as the Murano are all built on the same platform. THe 350Z, G35 coupe as well as the infiniti FX45 and FX35 are all built on the same chassis. and the FX series are AWD as well. go figure.

If I had access to a J30, I could clear a lto of this crap up.

McAdam

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

i have noticed that the y32,z32,s13/s14, they all have about the same rear suspension geometry. the only differences that i have percieved have been dimensions and related parts(axles,diffs, etc.). what exactly is the difference between regular hicas and super hicas? i have always assumed that super hicas was the only kind of hicas. of course i know that there are variations such as the hydraulic vs. electronic types of hicas. i know for a fact that i have worked on an s13 with super hicas. it said super hicas on the rocker panels(both sides). i was assured (by a tech that has been working on nissans long enough that he remembers them coming out) that they had that badging from the factory. this is one reason i am unclear about the regular/super hicas thing.

madmax88
Car: my car

CyberCJ30, right on man! I plan to 300hp n/a as well but n.o.s I think is the best thing to do $$ and hp wise. tt to much time and cash. yes or no?

Eswift
Car: should be obvious enough

y32 and z32 rear suspensions are quite different.

the front suspensions resemble each other much more.

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

d240t2 wrote:I'd (we at unStable Hybrids would) like to see an RB in a J30. Email me if you are interested, [email protected]

Dennis

When you think you're the only one thinking about something like this... I guess you aren't. I've been thinking about this myself. Craziness...

Pdfflyer
Car: ZX Turbo cars

Why not just buy /install a J30 VG30DET (single) Turbo engine that is sold in the J30 in Japan ? Infiniti J30 Turbo (in Japan) was available from '95 to '97 model years. Drops right in. I have the engine right here.

Pdfflyer

Why not just buy / install a VG30DET

VimyJ

Pdfflyer wrote:Why not just buy /install a J30 VG30DET (single) Turbo engine that is sold in the J30 in Japan ? Infiniti J30 Turbo (in Japan) was available from '95 to '97 model years. Drops right in. I have the engine right here.

Isn't there a problem with the power steering location on the N. American model? The single turbo would give a nice 30hp boost but I don't think it will fit in a LHD J30.

Pdfflyer

There may be a glitch here which has been solved on other Nissan vehicles by using the exhaust downpipe from another car. In the case of using this engine in an earlier Z car, many conversions report the use of a downpipe from a domestic turbo Z as having corrected this difficulty.

VimyJ

Canyou post a picture of your VG30DET?

msudawgs98
Car: motorcycles, cars

Any of you guys curious on whether someone has put a 300ZXTT engine on a J30? I'd be happy to tell you that someone is crazy enough to put one on and make it work. The only mod that he had to do is putting the battery in the trunk. I asked the guy how much he spent all together and he said around 4g's. So, if you guys got the dinero, this is truly a possible swap. Check this item number out on ebay 2457756182 .

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”