turbo J30 can i do it

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
madmax88
Car: my car

is it a good thing to do? twin tt in my J, costs and how hard is it to do or have done . what is there to do new ,chip, pipes? oh how can do this work .thanks

:ylsuper

Eswift
Car: should be obvious enough

search

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

you basically get to do the same thing ive been doing for a while now, which is spend all your free time investigating all possible aspects of the conversion, such as the ic piping, the turbo to steering shaft clearance, the wiring harnesses, the placement of the intercoolers, ect ect ect ect ect. get what im saying. its not popular, its not cheap, its not easy.if your looking for a step by step instruction, your not going to find it. it doesnt exist.i basically spend ALL my free time cross referencing parts, figuring out the components, wiring scheme, cooling options, ect ect ect.

as to my knowlege, its never been done before. if it has, then only a handful of times.

your on your own as far as wanting it done now. no ones going to step you through it, because were working on it also.

first off, no shop is gonna do it for you, and if they do, its gonna cost you thousands of dollars in just labor.

the way i have it planned, its gonna cost me about 5-6 thousand dollars, not including the car, and not including any labor, as the bulk will be performed by myself and friends.

im not saying its impossible, its just not something you can do without extensive knowlege of mechanics, electrical systems, properly matching components ect ect ect.

another words, if your uncomfortable removing a motor from a car, its not the project for you.

madmax88
Car: my car

cool

IvoryJ30t

:rolleyes

IvoryJ30t

madmax88 wrote:is it a good thing to do? twin tt in my J, costs and how hard is it to do or have done . what is there to do new ,chip, pipes? oh how can do this work .thanks

:ylsuper

here, check it out-

Is it a good idea to twin turbo my J30? How much does it cost to have done, how hard is it? what needs to be replaced? chip? pipes? [that part almost made me fall off my chair] Oh, and who can do this work? thanks.

see how much easier it is to get your point across when you spell correctly and use good** grammar...[** not even god could correct that grammar]

IvoryJ30t

also, i guessing you failed to notice the two page thread about two posts down.

IvoryJ30t

:ylsuper <--- that guys annoying.

Eswift
Car: should be obvious enough

thanks for taking care of this thread ivory

IvoryJ30t

dude, i actually thought he was serious about it, until i read his past posts.

holy ****, my 9 year old sister spells better, and with better grammar...

IvoryJ30t

anyway, back to something useful. eswift, would you happen to have a technical diagram [cad or otherwise] of the engine compartment of the j's. im trying to visualize the manfold setup, since the steering shaft is so tight with the manifold. or even just some clearances, or in better words where the shaft intersects the manifold like its position realtive to cyl's 2-4-6 [ like between 2-4, on 4, 4-6, on 6] you probably get what i mean. gotta try to work around that damn steering shaft.

what i had in mind, was placing the turbo as far back toward the firewall as possible to avoid needing custom downpipes as well.the 300zx can do it, so i dont see it being impossible.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”