Turbo Fx45

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Moose 45
Car: 2003 FX45

Hey this might sound crazy but i'm new to this forum and I've been researching some ideas on turbos for my ride. It lokks like the sts turbo kit might work. Has anyone played with this idea?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! Thanks for visiting the FX Forum!

I have not personally heard of that yet, but I bet it would sure be sweet! Keep us posted as to what you end up doing, that could end up being quite the rocket when you are done!

Moose 45

Hey Thanks! they our predicting around 455 to 480 @ 8 psi. Just with the basic bolt on. I think its time to spank some Cayenne Turbo's out there. But we will soon see.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Moose 45 wrote: I think its time to spank some Cayenne Turbo's out there. But we will soon see.
Cayenne turbos go from 480 HP - 550 HP. I don't think the RE05 will last long at those power outputs. Neither will a VQ35DE with stock internals.

Moose 45

This is what i need to know. Is there kits out there to upgrade the internals to hold that performance. Because STS is predicting that at 7-8psi and it will be around 450 maybe 480hp with the stock set up. Of course upgraded fuel system and oil pump set up will hopefully help. but will i need more for the motor before i do the bolt on package. Also some help from some techs would be great. These guys here in Denver at the dealership will not talk to me about this or give me any input. Yada yada yada. Morale of the story is that i want to build a sleeper and i have built many other cars 300zx 93 @ stage 7 at 750 hp, street strip trans am with 625hp stroker motor and as well as twin turbos mustangs in Texas part of the Texas turbos club. PLease any input will be great. Because if all fails i'll just do a motor swap fx35 turbo drop in by APS. Seriuos inquiries only. Because i love the vehicle and it would be fun to play with some of the big boys out there.

sr79labrat
Car: 03 M45, 91 Turbo Legend, 79 F-Body

Hit me up about this. I turboed my 91 Acura Legend by myself and made good numbers. I now am driving a M45-03 and want some boost. I have an idea for a rear mount kit if you are interested. Since our engine output is the same I think I can figure out how to run with some boost still have a reliable car. I would be able to do everything by myself so it would cost much less that to have STS do it. Plus I will cut you a deal for helping me pioneer the project for the M and FX.

Please get back to on this if you are serious.Thanks!Kyle [email protected][email protected]

Chedman13
Car: 2003 Infiniti FX45 AWD VK45DE

Moose 45 wrote:This is what i need to know. Is there kits out there to upgrade the internals to hold that performance. Because STS is predicting that at 7-8psi and it will be around 450 maybe 480hp with the stock set up. Of course upgraded fuel system and oil pump set up will hopefully help. but will i need more for the motor before i do the bolt on package. Also some help from some techs would be great. These guys here in Denver at the dealership will not talk to me about this or give me any input. Yada yada yada. Morale of the story is that i want to build a sleeper and i have built many other cars 300zx 93 @ stage 7 at 750 hp, street strip trans am with 625hp stroker motor and as well as twin turbos mustangs in Texas part of the Texas turbos club. PLease any input will be great. Because if all fails i'll just do a motor swap fx35 turbo drop in by APS. Seriuos inquiries only. Because i love the vehicle and it would be fun to play with some of the big boys out there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories

Call 877-772-0338, ask for Eric.

How much you looking to spend? Swap in a VK56DE from a nissan titan or infiniti QX56. Engine mates to tranny, but engine mounts and others were slightly modified. Then throw on the bolt-on Stillen supercharger and you should be able to have a reliable torque monster.

Or, have Eric make you some pistons, buy some new rods, then use a STS rear mount turbo.

Go big? Sell your FX45, buy the cheapest 2003 FX35 you can find. Rebuild the engine and throw on a Jim Wolf Twin Turbo, and you can have 500 wheel hp on pump gas. VQ35DE has been around the block and tuners have figured out what works and what doesn't. 350z, G35 turbos fit with little modification and you have nearly twice the engine bay room to work with.

You're talking about $20,000 for the engine rebuild + Twin Turbo + Tune if you do it right.

Keep us updated in what you do.

Chedman13
Car: 2003 Infiniti FX45 AWD VK45DE

sr79labrat wrote:Hit me up about this. I turboed my 91 Acura Legend by myself and made good numbers. I now am driving a M45-03 and want some boost. I have an idea for a rear mount kit if you are interested. Since our engine output is the same I think I can figure out how to run with some boost still have a reliable car. I would be able to do everything by myself so it would cost much less that to have STS do it. Plus I will cut you a deal for helping me pioneer the project for the M and FX.

Please get back to on this if you are serious.Thanks!Kyle [email protected][email protected]
You can get a custom tune from Technosquare when you are finished for even more HP/TQ. They already mapped out the FX, but not the M45.http://www.technosquareinc.com/nissanflashlist.htm

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”