Turbo for AWD Bluebird

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

ok, did someone delete all of the topics about turbo-ing the transverse SR??

the HNU14 bluebird SSS Attesa's don't come with turbo...and I have a choice between a Turbo ENU13 or the N/A HNU14.

If I got the HNU14 how much would it be to turbo it and what all would I need?and if I got the ENU13 what would be a good turbo & Intercooler upgrade?

My goal is to beat, or keep pace with an EVO

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

shut up dude, buy the turbo model. When are you gonna get a car? This is like your 15th post about you getting a car..

PantherRacer

I wondered when someone was gonna notice LOL. if I'm gonna buy the turbo version I'm gonna have to save a little longer an hope it doesn't get sold from under me.

I really want a project type car though...sorry fa all da posts just tryna get some info...sheesh

Skyline GTS-T beater \/

Altiman94

what happened to the silvia in the sig you were gonna get

rey_boricua
Car: Working out, chilling, and cars

looks like beach213 or what ever his name was from altimas.net

PantherRacer

I'm gonna get an AWD car, the bluebird's cheaper, and I'd still have to do the same mods to get it how I want it.Silvia-RWD auto SR20DE $800Bluebird-AWD auto SR20DE $700

they're both pretty much on the same level, So I was trying to find out would it be easier/cheaper to do the engine and tranny swap one time, or do a tranny swap and get a turbo kit...

THIS__________OR__________THIS

engine __________________turbo kittranny __________________ trannyclutch pedal etc.__________ cluth pedal etc.installation _______________ installation

which one is better? cuz I'm thinking with the bluebirds SR do you have to reinforce the block, new pistons, fuel injectors etc?

come on now. I'm a high school kid on a tight budget. ready to graduate man. just tryna get the best bang for the buck.
Modified by PantherRacer at 12:38 PM 10/11/2004

PantherRacer

SIGH..... no help for the inquiring mind yet...

240DRFT

i say get the one with already a turbo...but ya get a car then make a post cuz i wanna see what your gonna get, its been forever talking about getting one...

PantherRacer

Yeah I'm closer to buying the car now, after this long while of searching I've found some Bluebird SSS Attesa's. Hoping that my report card comes out bangin tha high-grades so that my parents can help finance tha whip.

The Bluebird has more space for me to be their grocery getter than a 180SX, so I can fit like 2 10's or a 12" woofer and have plenty space.that and my boy just got a levin, and 5 of us tried to sit in it and we realized...it's made for 5 japanese ppl lol

Importroller
Car: G35 and 07 Altima 3.5 6spd

PantherRacer wrote:Yeah I'm closer to buying the car now, after this long while of searching I've found some Bluebird SSS Attesa's. Hoping that my report card comes out bangin tha high-grades so that my parents can help finance tha whip.

The Bluebird has more space for me to be their grocery getter than a 180SX, so I can fit like 2 10's or a 12" woofer and have plenty space.that and my boy just got a levin, and 5 of us tried to sit in it and we realized...it's made for 5 japanese ppl lol
how old r u? and whats a Levin? I dont live in the carribean anymore, so I dont know what a Levin is. Just get a car (any car) and then someone can help u.

BTW. I didnt look at the date of this thread before i posted, so if i bumped an old thead.......SUE ME! You wont get ****

Altiman94

I would get the one with the turbo already. Being as though you can't afford it yet, I would get the car before worrying about modding it. Things cost alot of money.

PantherRacer

I'm gonna be 18 in March, and a levin is a "sport version" of the toyota corolla, but it looks COMPLETELY different. and room inside for 5 midgets or 9 clowns...maybe 11 hobbits...

I can afford the car, it's the shipping that's got me held back now , I found some SSS attesas for cheaper, albeit they're automatics but I guess they can do until I get enough for a man. tranny swap.

I went on a bluebird forum and we worked out that to add a turbo system to a SR20 would be more than to just buy a turbo bluey one time. and then I'd have to import all the parts I wanted anyways so thats even more money down the drain for customs.

It's surprising how hard a Nissan bluebird sss attesa (turbo dohc )with a manual tranny is to find. like finding a needle in the grand canyon. and to find it for under 3,900 is worse. automatics, pshhh heck yeah pretty much abundant compared to manuals

but I also heard the manual swap is kinda costly...and a pulsar GTi-R front clip with manual trans is some nice $$$ (wanted the quad throttlebodies, manual trans etc) the tranny is around 1500 from aus and they only were selling them in the front clip.

damn long post aye? gatta lot to say lol

PantherRacer

OK...SR20DE...I'm praying that you can throw this in a bluebird or SR powered alty too?

FMAX Sentra SE-R Turbo Kits Include:- Turbonetics T3/T04E High Flow Turbo- Thermocoated Cast-Steel Turbo Manifold- Thermocoated Mandrel Bent Downpipe- 3" 16 Gauge Mandrel Bent Intake Pipe- Turbonetics Evolution 35mm Wastegate- Spearco W.A.V.E Front-Mount Intercooler- Turbonetics Raptor Blow Off Valve (BOV)- Cobra Mass Air Flow Meter- MSD 525CC (50 LB/HR) Fuel Injectors- 300ZX High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump- JWT Fuel Rail- K&N Air Filter- (1) Case TS-1 Synthetic Turbo Oil- Install Instructions & Wiring Diagrams- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

For Engines: SR20DEBoost: up to 28 PSIHP Gain: 150 - Custom HPTurbo Efficiency: 450HPDirect Bolt-On: No, needs EMS or Stand Alone ECUWarranty: 1 Year Ball Bearing Upgrade: $650 FREE Type: Stage II

Return to “Altima General Discussions”