Turbo feed + down pipes being created. Want one?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
turbo6
Car: '05 350Z Turbo, '98 SC300 9.3@156, '99 SC400, '02 Police Interceptor

Preface:This post is here to help people wanting to piece together their own turbo setup, but not able to tackle the feedpipe/downpipe mess. This would give you the jumpstart you need Details:I am having a new turbo feedpipe (forward routed ypipe) and downpipe created for my car. While in there, I figured might as well help out a few others, and will most likely run ~5 of them off. The pipe will be similar in layout to my old one (forward routed=shorter, not reverse routed like PFI) - but will be much superior in quality.

A few options I need some feedback on initially would be:1. Flange in the middle where feedpipe crosses to the passenger side of the car, to allow for easier install? 2. Flex section before the turbo. There will be a bracket supporting the turbo, allowing it to move with the motor, but just to make extra sure a flex section could be added.3. Stainless steel vs mild steel (to be coated)

The shop doing these, only produces high quality products. They will tell anyone that they are not the cheapest, not even near, but they do only the best work. A quote from the owner, "For eight years we have consistently set the standard by which others only try to follow. We are not pleased with the level of quality nor the customer service in what is normally considered a very crooked industry."All fabrications they do are warrantied for life.

As of now we can guess ~475$ for the stainless feed pipe, and slightly less for mild steel. SS downpipe would be ~275$, and would get you to the tunnel area where you could drive to a local performance/exhaust shop to finish the exhaust out. The feedpipe will have your choice of tial flange, the downpipe will be flanged and have threaded o2 bung. Prices will be more firm come this weekend. If there is interest, you will be dealing with the shop and I will not be involved in the transaction, warranty, etc other than if I can help in any way.

If you are seriously interested, contact me immediately. This is most likely a one time thing

I will have pics friday or monday of my pipes - till then you can view some of his other work:average weld

mr2 turbo manifold

mr2 intake manifold prototype

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

You are tempting me to keep the Maxima! arggggh

I like both ideas of the flex section and separating the feedpipe. Could you put the flex section right there, where the pipe separates?

Sounds like you are finally making a "true" reverse y feedpipe :D

The examples you have given look VERY sound and high quality.

Good luck and your phone would be ringing off the hook if I was not in the middle of making the decision about my car.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

..... oh boy.....

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Fezzik wrote:..... oh boy.....

ROTFLOL

There ya go Cullen. Keep the Maxi as a project car and have another talk with your family members :D

I will probably be in the same situation in another 1.5 years as it will be time to do something with the '02 at that point. Either trade in the Maxi or keep it for a turbo project.... hmmmm....

Anyway, thanks for the update Hal. Are you able to give us some details on what you are currently doing with your Maxi to make it faster? I know you must be doing something ;)

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”