Turbine revolution sensor

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
JamesCJ

I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra. My Check engine light recently came on (first time ever). So I took it to auto zone and was told that it was the P0717 error code which has a definition that the Turbine Revolution Sensor has an open or short circuit, poor electrical connection or it is faulty. So I order the new sensor from Nissan thinking it will be a quick and easy fix. Now im reading around and other cars that are closely similar to mine, ie. nissan Pathfinder (Cant find one for an 07 Xterra specifically). It was saying that the whole transmission needed to be removed in order for this sensor to be replaced. I would rather not take it to the car mechanic because funds are just not available. Please someone help in anyway you can. Thank you!

Swingman
Car: 2007 Nissan Xterra

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get your turbine revolution sensor issue fixed? Did you locate it?

It shows in many posts that it is on the outside of the Transmission, not inside.

Let me know, if you can.

Thanks

Swingman
Car: 2007 Nissan Xterra

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get your turbine revolution sensor issue fixed? Did you locate it?

It shows in many posts that it is on the outside of the Transmission, not inside.

Let me know, if you can.

Thanks

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”