SR - Tuning Questions

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
TheOneGuy
Car: '95 240SX SE

I'm sure I'm probably going to take a bunch of flak for this post and if it has already been discussed then please direct me to the thread(s) that do so. However, I wasn't really sure what to search for so here I am. I'm going to be doing some work this summer to my car. It's a '95 240SX SE with a basically stock S13 SR20DET. I'm planning on putting in a T28 and getting an adjustable FPR then upping the pressure and bringing the fuel level back down to an optimal level with my SAFC II. My question is this. What really am I trying to do? I've heard different things from different people. I've been told by someone that I should try and keep my O2 sensor reading at around .9 (or something along those lines). I'm not really sure about that last thing but what I'm wondering is is it possible to get a semi-decent tuning job using the info that I get from my SAFC and maybe a wideband O2 sensor reading or do I need to use a dyno and the info I get from the dyno computer? I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to do anything worthwhile by doing hard 5th gear pulls on a long stretch of road and using what I've got to make tuning adjustments. So, I know this is kind of a confusing post but it'd be great if anyone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

daryl337
Car: '90 240sx

ermh... you want to get your A/F ratio within a certain range... as well as getting your exhaust temperature to a correct degree. I dunno where to find this information.. so look online some more and lemme know.

Return to “Engine Tuning”