SR - Tuning options, gt28r, z32 MAF, 550cc injectors

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
green91
Car: s13

Sup guys,im in the process of upgrading my sr right now.. im using a new gt28r, sard 550cc injectors, and a z32 MAF. I have a SAFC 2 right now, what kind of correction would i need with it and this setup? Is it possible to buy an ECU already mapped for my setup? thanks.

Rubenonamission
Car: S13 Hatch

Yes sir call up jim wolf, you can get it from them for $595.

mackdaddy240
Car: High performance with a clean look.

Jim wolf can tune your ecu for what they think a setup like that would need but it will never be as good as a tune done on the car. I'd suggest taking a drive to the closest professional tune shop with PROM or piggyback or standalone whatever you can get and have it dyno tuned for your car and your location. Jim wolfs kind of a universal tune and for the money I'd rather spend a little extra and have the dyno sheets and be able to tweek the tune for the best power and gas mileage

green91

Well thahts kinda my thought process also, but im not sure about what tuning options are available for it.

mackdaddy240
Car: High performance with a clean look.

I went with Prom tuning, I bought the board and 4 chips for like $40 and my friend from japan happend to have a leaper flasher and he sold it to me for $50 and got the software for free of the internet, You cant get a much cheaper setup then that, and you can change pretty much everything with the free software.

nzmoman
Car: 240sx 2 of em' and always lookin for more

you still need a dyno if you can

Badfish
Car: 93 240sx w/ black top sr20

green91 wrote:Sup guys,im in the process of upgrading my sr right now.. im using a new gt28r, sard 550cc injectors, and a z32 MAF. I have a SAFC 2 right now, what kind of correction would i need with it and this setup? Is it possible to buy an ECU already mapped for my setup? thanks.
Enthalpy has one of the best ECU tunes out there. Since your located in GA and hes in Florida I'd get in contact with him

http://www.rs-enthalpy.com/

green91

Thanks guys, ill look into both. I run a similiar ecu setup on my turbo honda with a chipped ECU and already have a moates eprom programmer so that sounds like a good option.

DrifterProdigy85
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx (Zenki Onevia)

I wish i would have gone Power FC instead of my Enthalpy Tune. Every engine is different so the ECU tune could be off some. I had to lean my Enthalpy tune out 15% at WOT so i find it far from accurate and a waste of $500. I should have bought a Power FC for $700 so i can tune the engine the right way and be able to change it at any time.

FAST-DATSUN

if the JWT or Enthalpy tune is that far off there may be some thing different on your set up. both are good basic tunes for what you tell themand should make good power. The Power FC is good but a pain to tune, We would never give the customer the wand to tune on his own as we seen to many blown engine buy changing thing with out the dyno or skill to make the RIGHT changes. NOT everyone may have you level of tuning skills..

green91

Im wondering if it would have to do with the change of altitude from Fla to Pa where he is at.. altitude and air temp change the density quite a bit and can take a good tune to FUBAR. even on my honda i would run 2 different maps depending on the time if year, going from 100deg summers to 30deg winters would change my afr a surprising amount lol.

highmilehatch

Just get yourself a Power FC and call it a day. There is an authorized Power Excel dealer located here:

Knowledge Performance3042 Matlock DriveKennesaw, GA 30144Phone:(678) 445-0688

Badfish
Car: 93 240sx w/ black top sr20

green91 wrote:Im wondering if it would have to do with the change of altitude from Fla to Pa where he is at.. altitude and air temp change the density quite a bit and can take a good tune to FUBAR. even on my honda i would run 2 different maps depending on the time if year, going from 100deg summers to 30deg winters would change my afr a surprising amount lol.
Yeah, thats why I'd contact Enthalpy and see if you could get the car tuned on the dyno if possible. Nothing beats having the car tuned in person.

Im not sure what shop hes using at the moment. Thats why its best to contact him yourself.

Este510
Car: spec v, 240, 510

Basically Jim Wolf and Enthalpy are rough mapped/tuned for whatever you may have, greddy piggy back, apexi are fine tuned. If I were you I would not get a stand alone because it's to sensative. I got mine retuned from jim wolf, works fine. I have gt2871r, z32 MAF, and 740cc injectors.

highmilehatch

Este510 wrote:I would not get a stand alone because it's to sensative.
What the hell are you talking about??? Stop spreading false information!!!

95lstegman
Car: 1989 570SX, 2005 Acura RSX, 1994 Toyota Corolla

green91 wrote:Im wondering if it would have to do with the change of altitude from Fla to Pa where he is at.. altitude and air temp change the density quite a bit and can take a good tune to FUBAR. even on my honda i would run 2 different maps depending on the time if year, going from 100deg summers to 30deg winters would change my afr a surprising amount lol.
i thought you had a chipped honda? i have a chipped s/c'd honda and it's just a matter of adjusting the values for the various adjustments in the program. there are adjustments for high, medium, and low load corrections for intake air temp/ambient air temp, correction for O2 sensor input, and such like that. almost anything you can think of, there is a correction for that. unless you're using something gay to tune with, like uberdata. Crome is so good and so adaptable i've been trying to think of ways to get it to run my SR. it's almost as adjustable as a standalone. way better than my SR tuning software, and much more user-friendly. so you can have a car that adjusts for altitude and weather changes and whatnot. but alas, my SR is coilpacks, and i'm not THAT good with crome.

Return to “Engine Tuning”