tuning for larger injectors?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
KArookie

hay all, I am on my way to KA-t but in the mean time I have my fully built KA with a greddy fuel rail and RC 370 injectors. soon to be getting a walboro fuel pump and Z32 MAF. I have been doing some research (maybe not enough yet but figured I would ask) and am trying to find out if there is any need to tune this setup. any help would be greatly appreciated, even a link if anyone knows of one. Thanks.

SSonic92
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima almost done..
1990 240sx-swap almost ready to go in:)

Having your car tuned is always a good thing, you said you have a built KA so a tune would help you get more out of it for now. But depending on how long its going to be before you go KA-T, you might want to wait and do your tuning then. Just remember tuning is always a good thing :chuckle:

ItzGenX
Car: Smoke Purple 95' S14.5. Powered by the "Iron Man".

Exactly what Sonic said. You can run your larger injectors now, but you will have to have some way of getting the larger injectors to spray in less fuel. Swapping the injectors without a means to control them will make you run rich by 37% across the entire map compared to the stock injectors. This means you'll need some type of piggyback controller or standalone ecu to take 37% of the injection times back out.

KArookie

Ok thanks all that has helped. I do have a greddy emanage blue that I will be installing but it won't be for a bit so maybe until then I will just run stock. I appreciate it

SSonic92

no prob yo, glad to help. Been reading on here for the longest, but now i felt its time for me to help were i can.

KArookie

Yeah I know how that goes. I am pretty good with the mechanics of cars and I feel I am pretty good at building nice cars but still new at the tuning for turbo and all. Living in CA is killing the tuner scene here but I am working to try something so if it works maybe everyone in CA will be able to turbo a na car. If I get it figured out I will post what I can and what I have found.

SSonic92

ok then just keep us posted

Return to “Engine Tuning”