SR - tuning afc

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
fast_s13

alright so i put my z32 maf and afc in i have everything wired correctly...."its not my first rodeo" but i set it to hotwire 2 in 6 out 4cly arrow up to right.... but my car is cranking alot befor it starts and when it starts it runns very rough then dies. i also have a blitz dd bov running atmospher.. so does anyone have abou the same set up that they could share what they have there ne points, th- points and everything else set at? im just want to get it running good enough to get it dyno tuned

Blown240sx
Car: 1996 240sx

WHat other things do you have on the motor? Injectors anything? Also do you have the BOV hooked up correctly. Vaccum leak will cause the motor to die. If you wired everything correctly then its most likely not in the SAFC.

fast_s13

no injectors and yeah the bov is hook up right..the car has always ran extremly rich even befor the z32 maf and afc. now it just acts like it is flooding out and dieing

fast_s13

well its running alot better i put new plugs in it...but still could use any info you may have on your setup

Blown240sx
Car: 1996 240sx

Im no longer running SAFC but you might try pulling some fuel out of the curve and see how it reacts. Just go to low throttle and pull fuel out from idle up to 1500 rpms. Not a lot of fuel but a couple percent and see if it acts different.

Return to “Engine Tuning”