Tune up time!!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

its now time for a complete tune up for my 98 240sx 5spd, so far i have changed my oil, 10w-30 mobil 1 fully synthetic, cleaned my kn filter on the injen intake, changed my brakes, and bougt a PCV valve, i have yet to put it on, my ride has 63k miles, yea, ive run it alot, and 6 months ago i bought a set of 4 bosch platinum 4 spark plug, and i think i need new ones, ill also need to change my clutch, but i dont know which one to get yet, also, i think i should go ahead and get some accel wires, somy Qs are...1.which spark plugs should i get?2.which wires should i get?3.which clutch should i get? should i even consider auto parts stores? like AutoZone, O'reily, orAdvance Auto parts?4.is the PCV valve change really nessary at this point?5.what about a fuel injection cleaner?my current modds are injen intake, hks cat back super dragger exhaust, and a Venom400chip.thanks for any info

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Nissan warns against any conventional Fuel Injector cleaner although Sea Foam seems to work very well from what I hear, Sea Foam has a different base and is thus ok to use on Nissans. Either way... NGK Plugs and wires. A clogged PCV valve can cause unwanted pressures in the crankcase... its cheap just replace it. As for a clutch... if you are stayin KA for a while then get a stage II ACT or something. Replace the stocker with a bit better one. Also noted is that if after 6 months you need new sparkplugs on a KA something is definately wrong.

Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

well, ive checked my spark plugs and they are perfectly fine, what i am wondering, bcs i read in the nissan manual,that the wires need to be changed at 60k miles, my car has now 65k, could the wires give me the feeling of being underpowered and loose mpg? which wires should i get? also, im thinking of the ACT clutch, which holds 276lbs of tq, or the centerforce clutch, which is 60 bucks cheaper,which one is best recommended? im also going to get the Sea Foam, and hopefully my car willrun that much better to beat that damned camry.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

A lot of my friends have had problems, or just disliked ACT clutches. Right now I'm running just a stage 1 Centerforce clutch, and I really like it, works great. But on my old ZX I used a Clutchmasters Stage III clutch, it was by far the best clutch I've ever driven with, it would catch REALLY good. Centerforce is real good, especially since it seems to be cheaper than the ACT and Clutchmaster units.

Nismo Sr22GT

thanks, i think i will go with centerforce, its like 250, thanks alot ill be getting my centerforce clutch soon, where should i get it from?does anyone know?

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

http://www.nopi.com

A stage one was like 160.

Nismo Sr22GT

thanks for the site, now all i need is to know which one i should get, i drive about 30 miles a day, race once a week, have intake, exhaust, and a venom 400 chip, here are my choices, which one should i get? best bang for buck? 1.Centerforce 1 Clutch Disc And Pressure Plate Upgrade (30% increase in holding capacity) - DOHC 2.4L Engine= price 144.242.Centerforce 2 Clutch Disc And Pressure Plate Upgrade (60% increase in holding capacity) - DOHC 2.4L Engine =price 194.043.Dual Friction Clutch Disc And Pressure Plate (90% increase in holding capacity) - DOHC 2.4L Engine =price 219.754.Performance Clutch Kit - 2.4L - Stage 1 - Smooth Engagement/Moderate Abuse/Moderate Power - Bolt ons, 50 shot Nitrous =price 240.15

remember,i plan on running about a 50 or 75 shot of Nitrous, i can barely afford the #4, which one should i get?

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

NISMO,Don't forget to change your Fuel Filter !!!300 ZX F.F. should do Fine !!!:arcadefre

Nismo Sr22GT

Ive already changed my fuel filter, changed it to the OEM filter from Nissan, why should i change it again to the Z one? whats the dfference?

highkck
Car: 95 240sx SE

Did you like the venom 400?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”