Tune up on s13

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
BrianZ32
Car: 93' 9 2+2 300zx

So im determined to get the parts today and get this done. Im going to be picking up oil, plugs, wires and filter. My local auto parts dealer sells at wholesale so parts are fairly cheap. Which parts do you guys recommend? Spark plugs are between 2-5 a piece. The plugs wire set is $16 for generic or $33 for NGK plugs. Lastly, while kind of oil? 10-40W? Im just taking a guess here. My goal here it to get it to run better. I drove it to school today (30 min trip) and it wasnt bad, however, times at idle it vibrates. At times, i felt like it was chugging as well. The CEL light comes on and off as im driving. Odd.

One thing i forgot to mention is that sometimes i get locked out of 1st gear even at a complete stop. This would lead me to having to throw it in 2nd gear, that slide into 1st. There are no grinds or popouts. Theres other times that it goes into 1st gear effortlessly which leads to me to not think its the transmission or synchros. Could it be that there is air in the system, clutch lines?

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Service manual calls for 4 quarts of 5W-30

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”