Tubing!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

Post your tubing experiences, run-ins with the law, locations, "equipment," pics, etc... here!

For anyone who would like to join us, we will be in San Marcos, TX on the Guadalupe (most likely, permitting proper levels and weather) during a weekend tba in september. byob.

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

I went whitewater rafting on the Nantahala in Eastern TN/Western NC. A group of 14 freinds and I went, 7 to each raft.

It was awesome fun, but I thought one of my buddies g/f's was gonna drown after we tipped over the raft (just kinda on its side) when we went down a decent rapid sideways and bumped a rock.

I actually got in the water and pulled her from up agianst a huge rock, the force that the current places on your body when up agianst something is amazing (and scary.)

I would love to go again sometime, but with college and work it's hard to find the time.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

i thought this was an activity mostly reserved for college guys?!

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

d!ck wrote:i thought this was an activity mostly reserved for college guys?!
True, but I go to a crappy community college and there isn't a decent river within 2hrs. distance from home.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”