TT or T?

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Nismo300Z
Car: Drummer in a metal band, Black Flesh Rot.

I need some suggestions and opinions on what I should do. I got a 1995 Nissan 300zx 2+2. I'm thinking of switching it to a TT or T. I know with a TT I have to get the entire front clip. I just dont know if I want single turbo, what I have to do. What all do I have to change; internal mod's, ECU, fuel, and everything to switch a N/A to single turbo? I know there has to be people that know exactly what to do. Please help me anyone.

k6kicker
Car: 90 300zx(tt) 95 240sx

im not sure anyone makes an exhuast manifold for a single turbo setup, and even if they did i doubt we would ahve room for it. General rule of thumb, a turbo for every bank of cynders leads to the best results

quiksilvia
Car: 95 s14 se

Dude, you need to research this. It is not pracitical to do a single turbo set up on a 300zx. The entire car is symetrical thus the turbo setup should be as well. Only one person I've ever seen with a Z has done a Single Turbo conversion (Joel(PA) on TwinTurbo.net) and it has been a VERY hard route to go. You can do a twinturbo motor swap for a decent price and get great gains out of it. That is the way to go. Check out http://www.twinturbo.net and in TECHNICAL there is a sticky for "NA to TT Conversion".. read it. Twin Turbo front clip is the way to go.

KaZ (VaBch)

Someone has made a single turbo setup for a Z (a convertible one at that) but its not very practical. If you're looking for a daily driver type setup where you need reliability, I'd say stick to a TT engine swap. You don't necessarily need a full front clip, but it would make your life a little easier.

If you're really interested in doing it... jump over to TwinTurbo.Net and give a looksie... here are some recommended links:

NA to TT Conversion FAQ from TT.Net

TT.Net Search Page! Use it, its there for a reason!

Profile Page for joel(PA) - The Sole Single Turbo Z I Know Of

There was a VG30DET in Japan, the engine was used the the JDM Cima, but I do not know of anyone that has ever swapped it into a Z. The manifold design on it was not all that great. The VG30DETT is a much more viable option than the VG30DET.

Hope this helps.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”