TT Junk Yard Alternator! Will Infinity J30 Alt work on Z32?

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
90TT4me
Car: 1990 Cherry Pearl Z32 TT. 99 Infinity I 30, 78 Porsche 928, 98 Mustang

So after the PS Line debacle the Alternator called it quits from taking a bath in ATF. I went to my local Junk yard and searched for an Alternator. At first I didnt find one for a Z32

My question is will one from a 94 Infinity J30 work looks like the same alternator same plug, bolt pattern etc.

In the end I found a 90 TT Hidden in the back with the front clip removed so it was hard to identify unless you were looking hard for it. Even nicer is the alternator was already out sitting in the drivers seat. I bought it for 30 and took it to auto zone and had it tested it was good, after 2 hours of banging on things and suffering the death of 0ne thousand cuts on my hands I got it installed and all is well, my little $900 Z32 is back on the road.

Also what is the difference in Amps between the TT alternator and NA alternator? BEcause I now have a TT alternator on an NA motor.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”