trying to hook up a air/fuel ratio gauge

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

I got everything hooked up and installed but the wire that connects to the o2 sensor was going to connect to that black wire but I am not sure it that is the right one I have a 96 se so let me know please

Robbie

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

What kind of air/fuel ratio gauge? I just put an Autometer in my 90 coupe, and the red went to ignition, black to ground, and the purple to the O2 sensor (i spliced it into the O2 wire coming off the sensor, before the connection to the thick black wire that carries the signal thru the firewall to the ECU). Fairly easy install. The b**** was my electric fuel pressure gauge. But thats another thread altogether!

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

I hooked it to the black wire directly at the sensor and it worked but I was just worried I didn't want to blow anything up and yes it was an autometer gauge

thanksrobbie

Structure240sx

i know this is an old thread but i was jsut about to install my gauge today but ran out of time. would i be able to splice the signal wire right at the ecu so i dont have to run another wire in my engine bay? its starting to look ghetto with my electric fans wires and boost gauge tubing comin out off the firewall.

the red wire that goes to an ignition it say to have a 5amp fuse in there. is this neeccassary? where did u splice the red wire?

89onevia

I also just installed my A/F gauge, I used the car stereo + and - connections but on the O2 sensor wire I been having problems, seems that it wont work when spliced into the thick black wire and when it does work it makes the car idle go weird...any tips?

Didnt mean to hijack thread but there were some about the same topic..

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”