Trying to disable the "AFS Off" warning light?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Brocketeer
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2009 G37x sedan yesterday that was rebuilt after the owner hit a deer. In order to cut some costs on the rebuild, they installed non-AFS headlights. I knew this and don't care about the feature, but there is a very annoying light on my dash constantly reminding me the the AFS is not working.

Does anyone know how to disable this light? Is there a fuse or cable I can unplug or can I remove the light itself? I don't know how the wiring was left after the repair, and I don't want to start digging until I have a target.

-->Brock

NRGM45
Car: 2012 M37S Tech, Deluxe Touring, Sport Moonlight White/Graphite
2006 M45 Tech, Journey, Sport Obsidian Black/Graphite

Remove the light itself man.... much easier I would think.

Glenns07g35
Car: 2007 G35 sport sedan

Have you noticed any other ill effects from not having the original AFS lights in place Brock? I have an 07 G35 sport, manual transmission, with the technology package so a little different than your 09 G37x automatic but I am considering doing the same thing. My lights are both cloudy and professional buffing has not cleared them up making me concerned they will fail the safety inspection next month. My concern is if I replace my lights with non afs lights when the computer checks them at start up and determines they are not there the error will cause the computer to disable something else like the auto cruise control or who knows what.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”