Trying to decide on Maint and Extended Warranty Plans

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
robojet
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I just bought a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I was given until tomorrow to decide whether I wanted to purchase either of the maintenance plan (Security Plus) or the Extended Warranty (Gold Preferred). My understand and to the best of my ability to research, I would be getting them at dealer cost.

For the maintenance, it looks like it would end up saving me about $800 over the 5 years. That's if it's not in an accident, stolen or otherwise 'gone'. So, that might be a good deal.

For the extended warranty... well, I wouldn't normally purchase such a thing, but I happened to get it on my last car, and ended up with a lot more value then what I paid (it was a 02 Subaru WRX). Had all kinds of things go wrong that the warranty covered - thank goodness. So now I guess I'm a little gun shy and afraid to be without it.

I'm trying to decide on both and would appreciate some advice.

thanks!

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

robojet wrote:I just bought a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I was given until tomorrow to decide whether I wanted to purchase either of the maintenance plan (Security Plus) or the Extended Warranty (Gold Preferred). My understand and to the best of my ability to research, I would be getting them at dealer cost.

I'm trying to decide on both and would appreciate some advice.

thanks!
I believe the extended warranty is a bargain considering its a fraction of what one service call on your CVT transmission would cost. I never looked into the maintenace warranty nor did the dealership even present the option.

However on the extended warranty (Security Plus Gold) I was given the same song and dance... I had to make up my mind by the time I picked up the vehicle in the morning so I could get the "special dealer price"... however... after doing some research I found I could get the same exact price from a number of distributors for the same genuine Nissan Extended Gold preferred warranty "and" I could buy it at any time up to the time my original warranty expires. The dealer (finance manager) just wants to strike while the iron is hot.

NET: Prior to 36,000 miles or three years you can buy a Gold Prefrred extended warranty. In fact one of the on-line places I found actually offered me a better price than the dealer. I'll look around my bookmarks to see if I can find the URL . If I can find it I'll come back and edit this post...

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I never make purchases where I'm pressed to make a decision by a certain timeline.

If you look around you have quite a while to decide to purchase an extended warranty from Nissan. I don't recall the exact mileage/time restriction (I think it is until your standard warranty runs out) but we purchased ours about a year later when the Rogue had about 18K miles on it, IIRC.

Shop around. Do your homework. Don't give into your dealer's pressured sales tactics.

Return to “Rogue Forum”