Trying to buy a fx35 awd anything to be aware of suggestions

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dongpane

I live in SoCal and i am looking for a 2006 or 2007 fx35 AWD with sports pkg and a rear camera. how much would it be? is it possible to buy it around 25000 ~ 26000?anywhere good place to buy? plz help~ ^^

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

the most important thing in buying any Infiniti is to review the dealer performed service history first! If 3,750 OCI cannot be verified, run away!

If the service looks good, then take it to a Senior Infiniti Technician whom you pay to perform a pre-purchase inspection after he has reviewed the Infiniti Dealer performed service history.

Secondly, purchase a Nissan backed extended warranty also. In Infiniti General, there is a lady form Infiniti of Scottsdale who is selling them at an attractive rate. Do not buy any 3rd party warranties who can go bankrupt on you and leave you unprotected.

08blackG35sedan
Car: 2008 G35 sedan

Yes, $25-$26 is right on, from what I'm seen. You can probably get on with about 25K - 40K miles in good condition for that price.

simply brilliant

maxnix wrote:the most important thing in buying any Infiniti is to review the dealer performed service history first! If 3,750 OCI cannot be verified, run away!

If the service looks good, then take it to a Senior Infiniti Technician whom you pay to perform a pre-purchase inspection after he has reviewed the Infiniti Dealer performed service history.

Secondly, purchase a Nissan backed extended warranty also. In Infiniti General, there is a lady form Infiniti of Scottsdale who is selling them at an attractive rate. Do not buy any 3rd party warranties who can go bankrupt on you and leave you unprotected.
This person doesn't know there head from there a**, and they clearly work in the business. I do too, avoid buying a extended warranty from the dealer. PERIOD. No one but the owner, and the agent for the dealership really know what they are building into the price of the warranty. The owners don't tell there employees because there employees would get mad if they knew what a little cut they are getting.

Second, buy it generally from a third party not at the dealership, unless you are in florida. The industry is much more regulated in Florida and Pennsylvania. Penn they can only mark it up 100% (every where else it can be 200, 300, 400%.)

Third avoid the factory Infiniti, ford, GM, extended warranty. If you much buy it at the dealership compaines that you can trust are Warranty Solutions, Zurich, JMA, list goes on.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

I have an extended infiniti Elite Warranty. I bought it from the dealer when I bought my car and It has been worth every penny.One plus is that they include a free rental when you have your car serviced.I don't feel comfortable with non Infnity mechanics working on my FX.I call it my computer on wheels and I don't want to take a chance with some third party agreement when It comes to maintaining the integrity ans value of my FX.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

WOW.....simply brilliant.

The tone of your post and chosen words is a great way to make an impression with only your second post on the site.

I am sure we will remember you in the future. Maxnix has a few more posts on you. You might refrain from calling anyone an idiot until you have at least 50 posts or exit the neophyte stage.

Just a thought.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

Get the extended warranty, These cars are like computers on wheels and there is a lot that can go wrong.Everything that does go wrong is costly.I have a warranty and Its paid for itself in repairs, parts, and loners cars.When you buy a used car their are usually hidden surprises.

Stay away from third party warranties no matter what. You want infiniti techs working on your FX.They will not give you an excuse as to why they can't fix it, they can fix what ever goes wrong with the car and they have access to all the parts.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”