Trunk release - help

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
mrnix
Car: Currently 2012 M37X, Malbec Black
Formerly 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Hey guys, I installed the Fortin remote start earlier this year on my 2102 M37 but now I have noticed my trunk won't open. No luck with key fob, button on trunk or the under dash button. And yes, I did check the valet switch in the glove box.
Any other ideas? I don't know that it's related to the Fortin installation, but I suppose it would be highly coincidental if it's not. May be related, or may be a crazy coincidence. Any suggestions on what to check?
FSM requires Consult to diagnose, and there's no available fuse I can locate for it.

ca18det_boy

Have you contacted Fortin to see what they have to say? I would guess that something zigged when it should have zagged. The only other thing you could do is go back of the installation to see if anything is messed up. If you didn't install it, I would take it back to the people that did and they might know if the wrong wire was tapped/cut.

mrnix

Thanks. I did ask Fortin, they didn't have much advice but the guy I talked to didn't seem the most knowledgeable. I suppose I'm going to have to remove the entire remote start and see if anything changes.

ca18det_boy

What model remote start is it and I'll take a look at the manual and see if anything jumps out at me that could possibly be related.

mrnix

ca18det_boy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:00 am
What model remote start is it and I'll take a look at the manual and see if anything jumps out at me that could possibly be related.
It was the:
Fortin - EVO-NIST1 - Stand-Alone Add-On Remote Start Car Starter System For Infiniti Nissan Push-To-Start Vehicles 2009+

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”