Trump

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
mixeds14
Car: 240

Unfortunately, this is goin to be the one thing talked about on all the networks and social media for the next 11 days. Im afraid that it's goin to drive trump right in to the oval office by a small margin. The media is goin to shove this right down everybody's throat like everything else even if it turns out to be nothing..

Hillary drop to 68% and trump jumped up 30% and it's being only a day. The more they talk about it the more things are goin to change.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Given how low brow/reality tv-like this campaign season has devolved into, I'm sure something else will bump this from the lead story before election, like perhaps a 14th woman coming forward alleging that Trump groped her.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Bubba1 wrote:Given how low brow/reality tv-like this campaign season has devolved into, I'm sure something else will bump this from the lead story before election, like perhaps a 14th woman coming forward alleging that Trump groped her.
Or some more news about Trump.

Trump's Missing Emails

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...m2V?li=BBnbcA1

"Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

Trump’s use of deception and untruthful affidavits, as well as the hiding or improper destruction of documents, dates back to at least 1973, when the Republican nominee, his father and their real estate company battled the federal government over civil charges that they refused to rent apartments to African-Americans. The Trump strategy was simple: deny, impede and delay, while destroying documents the court had ordered them to hand over.

Shortly after the government filed its case in October, Trump attacked: He falsely declared to reporters that the feds had no evidence he and his father discriminated against minorities, but instead were attempting to force them to lease to welfare recipients who couldn’t pay their rent."

Who is the most deplorable candidate?

TRUMP

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Clinton, Trump All but Tied as Enthusiasm Dips for Democratic Candidate
General Election Polls: LA Times/USC Tracking Trump +4
Florida Trump +1.0
Ohio Trump +2.5

Now it’s CLINTON saying the polls are rigged: Crisis-hit campaign copies Trump playbook as she slips behind for first time since May in key tracker
Clinton's campaign is claiming 'bad polling' is responsible for the candidate's fall from grace, not her emails.
A week ago Clinton was ahead by six. She was polling 48 percent. Trump was at 42 percent; now he's at 46 percent and Clinton's at 45.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

^^^^^

Why do you source a foreign newspaper?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

"FiveThirtyEight's election forecast still gives Clinton a 71 percent chance of winning, while the New York Times' Upshot model gives her an 88 percent chance, and Princeton University's model pegs her likelihood at 97 percent.

"In the last 72 hours, the campaign raised $11.3 million in online donations, according to an aide, the most at any point since the Democratic National Convention.

Their confidence is rooted in the fact that while Clinton has multiple paths to 270 and a wide margin of error, Trump needs almost everything to go perfectly for him Tuesday in order to run the table of almost all of the key tossup states.

"If Hillary wins Florida, she'll be next president of the United States," Bill Clinton said while campaigning Tuesday in the state, which is essentially tied. The same is likely true for Ohio and North Carolina. And Clinton could still make it to the White losing by losing both and instead winning Pennsylvania and one other state, like New Hampshire, two places where she has lead in every single poll since July.

Meanwhile, on every metric typically used to judge campaigns, from surrogates, to TV ad spending, to cash-on-hand, Clinton is well ahead of Trump."

You probably relied on the false election coverage of Fox in the last presidential election telling their vewer's that Romney was winning.

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:^^^^^

Meanwhile, on every metric typically used to judge campaigns, from surrogates, to TV ad spending, to cash-on-hand, Clinton is well ahead of Trump."

You probably relied on the false election coverage of Fox in the last presidential election telling their vewer's that Romney was winning.

Telcoman
:facepalm: So Howie, it's ok for you to source a foreign site as evidence that your candidate is going to win, but I can't cite one that says your candidate may not win? Or do you not know Ireland is a foreign country? Or that the article you cited was in The DailyMail, a UK newspaper?
telcoman wrote:One betting site already pays out

Irish betting firm calls the election for Hillary and pays out $1 million on bets

Bookies-call-Clinton-Irish-firm-Paddy-Power-pays-1-million-bets-Hillary-declaring-Trump-s-campaign-over.html#ixzz4NWG7OF7h
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -over.html

Telcoman
Do you see Fox News quoted in my posting? NO. I sourced the LA Times and ABC News, and the last time I checked, neither of these were aligned with Fox News, nor were they "foreign newspapers".

ABC News IS a "metric typically used to judge campaigns", and their polls show Hillary is no longer a sure bet.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Rogue One wrote:
telcoman wrote:^^^^^

Telcoman
:facepalm: So Howie, it's ok for you to source a foreign site as evidence that your candidate is going to win, but I can't cite one that says your candidate may not win? Or do you not know Ireland is a foreign country? Or that the article you cited was in The DailyMail, a UK newspaper?
:lolling:

I have seen other places where Howie has contradicted himself ... :yesnod

Z

telcoman

szh wrote:I have seen other places where Howie has contradicted himself ... :yesnod

Z
There were many other places where I correctly called the winner of the last two POTUS.

There were also many other places where many Mods on this site were proven wrong :poke:

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:
szh wrote:I have seen other places where Howie has contradicted himself ... :yesnod

Z
There were many other places where I correctly called the winner of the last two POTUS.

There were also many other places where many Mods on this site were proven wrong :poke:

Telcoman
:bs: A poor attempt to dodge the subject, as you know full well we're not talking about those. By the way that feeling you had before this lame reply was egg on your face.

telcoman

Donald Trump Hired Me As An Attorney. Please Don’t Support Him For President.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 7e269fb30f?

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Democratic elector refuses to vote for Hillary Clinton even if she wins state’s popular vote
A Washington State Democratic presidential elector says he won’t vote for Hillary Clinton even if she wins as expected the state’s popular vote.

“No, no, no, no on Hillary. Absolutely not,” Mr. Satiacum told the Seattle Times.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Scared yet? :lolling:

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

I'm extremely relieved. We'll have another Republican replace Scalia's open seat on the Supreme Court which is a bigger deal than who is president in my mind.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

More for Howie. ;)

I am not, scared, exactly. I am hyper aware of how easily this could go badly, but I saw the spark of some humility in his victory speech. Let's see if he can walk the talk. I hope so.

That Hillary sent Podesta out with that weaksauce to the people that fought so hard for her, couldn't face them with respect and thank them at least, merely confirms what she is about. Good riddance, FINALLY! Put up with Bill and Barry for that oval office gig only to fall shot, AGAIN :sad:

Vince is smiling down on tonight's results. Karma's a *****, you *****.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I wonder if Howie helped crash Canada's immigration website. :chuckle: But let's try to go easy on him. Yes, I know he probably would have been a bad winner and gloat shamelessly. I ask that Trump supporters take the high road and not do as Howie might have done. It's only politics. I did not vote for Trump but I hope, as most others that did not vote for him, that he does a better job than we expect. And pray he doesn't something stupid like nuking Switzerland if his watch breaks. :) I also hope the hatred that flowed so much thru this campaign season finally subsides.

szh

Bubba1 wrote:I wonder if Howie helped crash Canada's immigration website. :chuckle: But let's try to go easy on him. Yes, I know he probably would have been a bad winner and gloat shamelessly. I ask that Trump supporters take the high road and not do as Howie might have done. It's only politics. I did not vote for Trump but I hope, as most others that did not vote for him, that he does a better job than we expect. And pray he doesn't something stupid like nuking Switzerland if his watch breaks. :) I also hope the hatred that flowed so much thru this campaign season finally subsides.
Ah, dang! I can't deride Telcoman for his idiotic emphatic "our next POTUS" statements about Hillary?

Sigh ... you are correct, unfortunately.

I hope you are equally right about Trump ... but I fear the worst. :(

Z

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I was sorta hoping Mr. Trump would've had to testify during the Trump University civil trial, as he claimed he never settles, and attacked the judge for being biased based on his parents' ethnicity. That interesting testimony would've attracted higher ratings than all his Apprentice tv shows. He just settled by paying out $25,000,000, without admitting guilt. For the 6,000 plaintiffs, before backing out lawyer fees, that works out to $4,166 per plaintiff. (though I'm not sure how its being split) Not very satisfying considering some of those victims lost up to $30,000. Oh well, only 75 more lawsuits to go. ;)

szh

I was hoping he would also testify in the case by the 13 year old he allegedly raped many years ago and supposedly threatened to harm or kill her and her families if she told anybody.

Unfortunately, the victim got scared again (or is fabricating her story, of course) and dropped the lawsuit some days ago.

Z

telcoman

szh wrote:
Bubba1 wrote:I wonder if Howie helped crash Canada's immigration website. :chuckle: But let's try to go easy on him. Yes, I know he probably would have been a bad winner and gloat shamelessly. I ask that Trump supporters take the high road and not do as Howie might have done. It's only politics. I did not vote for Trump but I hope, as most others that did not vote for him, that he does a better job than we expect. And pray he doesn't something stupid like nuking Switzerland if his watch breaks. :) I also hope the hatred that flowed so much thru this campaign season finally subsides.
Ah, dang! I can't deride Telcoman for his idiotic emphatic "our next POTUS" statements about Hillary?

Sigh ... you are correct, unfortunately.

I hope you are equally right about Trump ... but I fear the worst. :(

Z
As we celebrate thanksgiving Hillary is currently ahead by over 2 million votes. Yes she lost the election and we all have to accept Trump as our POTUS.

Time will tell what kind of president he will be.
Many who did not vote for him have seen an unexpected rise in their personal finances. Perhaps not so much in the rust belt. I suspect in four years those in the rust belt will still be waiting for jobs to return?

Trump is already backing down on many of his campaign promises.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/the-tra ... 1479920767

"Just as Ebenezer Scrooge morphed on Christmas week from a snarling grouch to a pussycat, Donald J. Trump has morphed this Thanksgiving week from a hard-line candidate to a nuanced, malleable president-elect. The evolution of Trump over the next four years unquestionably will be the most intriguing story we’ve ever covered.
Our morning missives are directed to investors who surely have much to be thankful for: a return to pro-growth policies and less intrusive regulations -- and this week’s Trump pivot has other major implications. He listens well, and he’s hearing from experts that a fight with Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve would worry the markets, and he also is hearing that a trade war with China could jeopardize the U.S. recovery next year.

Our concerns on both of those issues are diminishing.

Trump must know that his hard-core supporters are concerned; yesterday he called the New York Times “a great, great jewel,” and he said prosecuting Hillary Clinton “is just not something I feel very strongly about.” He now seems open to evolving on climate change and torture of captives, and he blasted the alt-right movement. And, suddenly, he no longer talks about building a wall.

But Trump’s supporters never took this literally: They wanted someone to reflect their anxiety about globalization and an economy that doesn’t work for them. And how fortuitous -- the economy is surging, the labor market is tightening -- even before Trump takes office. His policies should transform a good economy into a very good or excellent economy, assuming interest rates don’t rocket higher. The economic improvement Trump promised looks baked in the cake.

Washington can live with Trump because he’s willing to dial it back and evolve, but there’s one danger zone: his refusal to acknowledge that he cannot continue to run his business. The conflict-of-interest laws will be a minefield for him, and if he continues to suggest that he can skirt these laws it will make the Clinton Foundation look tame by comparison. Trump may bend on climate change, but he is tone-deaf on his own company."

Valliere is the Washington-based chief global strategist with Horizon Investments.

Trump does read The New York Times as do many around the world

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/opini ... egion&_r=0

"Given the unpredictable nature of the president-elect and the erratic nature of the process, we may be in for a wild ride."

Hang on and have a Happy Thanksgiving

Telcoman

telcoman

Thin skinned Trump attacks CNN

Trump Defends Nazi Comparison, Attacks CNN and BuzzFeed as ‘Fake News,’ ‘Disgrace’

http://www.thewrap.com/trump-defends-na ... -disgrace/

Telcoman

telcoman

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

President-elect Donald Trump has a historically low favorability rating ahead of the inauguration.

According to a new Gallup poll, 55 percent of Americans have a negative view of Trump, making him the only president-elect of the four most recent presidents-elect whose unfavorable rating outweighs his favorable score.

Of the 1,032 adults polled across the U.S. from Jan. 4 through Jan 8, 40 percent had a favorable view of Trump compared to President Obama, who enjoyed a 78 percent rating ahead of his inauguration.

Telcoman

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Carrying on about his negative favorability ratings right now is totally pointless. He got elected by a minority of the voting public. He's been a negative in the view of the majority of Americans all along and he's done absolutely nothing leading up to his inauguration that changes that view in the eyes of the average American.

Since he refuses to conduct himself in a reasonable or gentlemanly manner, the only thing that will change people's minds about Trump will be the results of actions (or inactions) after he takes office in a few days. If I were to take a guess I think it will only get worse as time goes on.

What really scares me even more than Trump right now would be an impeachment of Trump that puts Pence in the Oval Office. I do not want to see "Christian" Sharia law become the law of the land and the complete dismantling of all individual civil rights.

telcoman

srellim234 wrote:Carrying on about his negative favorability ratings right now is totally pointless. He got elected by a minority of the voting public. He's been a negative in the view of the majority of Americans all along and he's done absolutely nothing leading up to his inauguration that changes that view in the eyes of the average American.

Since he refuses to conduct himself in a reasonable or gentlemanly manner, the only thing that will change people's minds about Trump will be the results of actions (or inactions) after he takes office in a few days. If I were to take a guess I think it will only get worse as time goes on.

What really scares me even more than Trump right now would be an impeachment of Trump that puts Pence in the Oval Office. I do not want to see "Christian" Sharia law become the law of the land and the complete dismantling of all individual civil rights.
Me neither!

But thus far it is not looking good for our soon to be 45th president. :tisk:

Trump’s presidency is doomed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1e6-ad42-f

By Richard Cohen Opinion writer January 16 at 6:50 PM

"Whether he knows it or not, the specter of Lyndon Baines Johnson haunts Donald John Trump. There are some jarring similarities — two big, fleshy men given to vulgarities and gauche behavior, boastful, thin-skinned, politically amoral, vengeful, unforgiving and, most important, considered illegitimate presidents. For Johnson, that took some time to sink in; Trump is already there.

Johnson ascended to the presidency upon the death of John F. Kennedy and then won election in a landslide over Barry Goldwater. Nevertheless, an air of illegitimacy clung to him like an odor. It thickened as opposition to the Vietnam War became more and more furious and it peaked, in my estimation, with a hoax in 1967 by Paul Krassner in the counterculture magazine the Realist. Tongue in cheek, it reported that Johnson had climbed into Kennedy’s casket and there done unspeakable things. The story was abominable, tasteless and deserved any other insult you could throw at it, but some people believed it. I know. I heard it.
ADVERTISING

Jump now a half-century to the recent stories relating to Trump and alleged shenanigans in Russia at a time not all that distant. The accounts, unverified and as revolting as any concocted about Johnson, had a currency that can be explained only by Trump’s own behavior — a persona that seems so self-indulgent, so juvenile, that almost any sort of behavior seems credible. Trump called the report fake news and, as always, blamed the messenger (the media, the intelligence community, etc.), but he ought to have looked in the mirror and wondered why he looks so ugly to so many people.

Opinions newsletter

Thought-provoking opinions and commentary, in your inbox daily.

Krassner is an obscure 1960s figure; Rep. John Lewis is not. The Georgia Democrat said the other day that Trump’s presidency was illegitimate and he would not, as an invited member of Congress, attend the inauguration. Trump, of course, tweeted a disparagement. As he did when he belittled John McCain’s heroism under torture, Trump said Lewis was “all talk” and “no action.”

Lewis is one of the last of the great civil rights-era heroes. He marched. He protested. He had his head cracked at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala. It was 1965 and the Alabama police nearly beat him to death. He is a man of immense courage and morality, so much greater than Trump in those respects.
John Lewis: I think in America today there's a tremendous amount of fear
Embed Share
Play Video4:14
Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) reflects on preparing for the 1961 Freedom Rides and offers advice for those engaging in peaceful protests today. (Ashleigh Joplin, Randolph Smith/The Washington Post)

Yes, Trump won in the electoral college, and that, alas, is all that matters. But on the larger point, Lewis is right. Trump conducted a dirty, dishonest campaign that sullied the very presidency he won. He questioned Barack Obama’s legitimacy, trafficked in racism and demagoguery, and seems to have had poll workers in far-off Moscow. Still, he’ll be the president.

But Trump ought to pay attention to Lewis and what he represents. The president-elect will take the oath with a minority of the popular vote — a substantial deficit of almost 3 million votes. He enters the Oval Office with historically dismal poll numbers, lower now than right after he won the election. He has done nothing to woo the majority of Americans who rejected his candidacy and has, instead, adhered to his schoolyard habit of tweeting his every grievance, denigrating his every critic, making cameos with vaccine and global-warming doubters and, as if to show some versatility, rascals such as Don King and Kanye West. It is a “Gong Show” with no gong in sight.

Lyndon Johnson would no doubt warn Trump that he is already on thin ice and he will plunge through it the moment Congress takes the measure of his unpopularity. Johnson was a man of huge political abilities and experience, and his achievements in civil rights entitled him to greatness. Yet, when Vietnam went sour, so did the public, and it seemed, after a while, that his personal characteristics, scathingly caricatured by artists such as David Levine and Jules Feiffer, oozed out of him so that they obscured both him and his accomplishments. He was deemed capable of anything — of lying and perversion of all kinds. This is where Trump stands now.

By the end of the week, Trump will be the president. I wish him the best; I wish him the worst. The dilemma is how to separate loathing for him from love of country. I am leaving it to time to work that out. Meanwhile, Trump will have his moment, that’s for sure, but when things go wrong he will be chased from office — just like Johnson once was. The ancient Greeks knew why: A man’s character is his fate. In that case, Trump’s presidency is doomed."

Read more from Richard Cohen’s archive.

Read more on this topic:

Charles Lane: The Trump dossier is silly — except for one thing

Michael Gerson: Trump’s attack on John Lewis is the essence of narcissism

Ruth Marcus: Trump is a legitimate president. But we need to know how he won.

Charles Krauthammer: What happened to the honeymoon?

Dana Milbank: Will Donald Trump be Herbert Hoover all over again?
Comments

Share on FacebookShare
Share on TwitterTweet
Share via Email

Richard Cohen writes a weekly political column for The Washington Post.

telcoman

Telcoman

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Telco- There is no reason to repeat lies to support your cause. Leave that to others and quit damaging your own credibility. That "quote" from Trump has been proven to be a lie by multiple credible sources.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus- ... ets-trump/

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

telcoman

OOOps! I should have checked that out

Thank you for pointing out my error.

Telcoman

szh

And the lies continue now that he is in office: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/p ... crats.html

Sigh ...

Z

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I believe the new term for lies is "alternative facts". :)

telcoman

Bubba1 wrote:I believe the new term for lies is "alternative facts". :)
Yes!

According to Kellyanne Conway

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... s-n2275232

Now we have Lies, Falsehoods and Alternative Facts from the new administration

Telcoman

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

telcoman wrote:
Bubba1 wrote:I believe the new term for lies is "alternative facts". :)
Yes!

According to Kellyanne Conway

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... s-n2275232

Now we have Lies, Falsehoods and Alternative Facts from the new administration

Telcoman
Meh, politics as usual. In other news, water is wet.

Return to “Politics Etc.”