Trump reaches new low - fascism at its utter best!

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Okay ... Donald Trump officially reached the complete and total fascist scumbag level for me today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /76942932/. :mad:

The definition of fascism at its utter best! :mad:

What next ... an equivalent of Crystal Nacht? Unbelievable. :tisk:

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

And now, Donald Trump says he might have supported Japanese internment: http://time.com/4140050/donald-trump-mu ... nternment/

And gives what looks awfully like a Nazi salute:

Simply amazing ...

Z

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Preface: I am NOT a Trump supporter, nor am I a Republican (I'm registered as unaffiliated).

"There's a fine line between caution and paranoid." Rogue One
Washington Post: Why you should stop calling Donald Trump a fascist

...Some of Trump's rhetoric does invoke the tyrannical speeches of fascist leaders of the past. Asked about his plans to track American Muslims, Trump ominously told Yahoo News last month, "Certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country."

But the key aspects of fascism are at odds with Trump's persona and his message. For all his bluster, a President Trump wouldn't pursue the authoritarian, collectivist agenda that characterized Germany's Nazi Party and Italy's Benito Mussolini, at least not according to what he's said so far about his political views. Calling Trump a fascist risks misleading voters about his agenda, which is not that much different from that of his rivals for the GOP presidential nod.

These are just a few of the major differences between Trump and the fascists of history:
1. Trump’s message is individualist
2. Trump doesn’t oppose democracy
3. Trump doesn't support a fascist welfare state
4. Trump’s positions are similar to other GOP candidates

Full story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... a-fascist/

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

He's just way too far out there to be an effective leader. Petulance is ugly, no matter which side of the aisle displays it.

I'm so damn terrified of this next election - there's literally NO one I'm even remotely excited about getting any serious coverage.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I see there might be a couple of adults (relatively speaking) among this lame group of candidates, like Kasich or Gary Johnson. But with Trump currently sucking most the oxygen from the room with his outlandish statements, and the press tripping over themselves covering Trump every time he farts, the better candidates are destined to fly under the radar.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Trump is Attacked for Proposed Muslim Ban, But a Democratic President Actually Banned Entry from Muslim Nation

Jimmy Carter froze immigration from the Muslim-majority nation of Iran after the 1979 hostage crisis.

Immediately after the U.S. Embassy in Tehran was overrun in 1979, Carter issued an executive order that all Iranian students in the U.S. had to report to immigration officials within thirty days. Out of a population of over 50,000, there were 15,000 Iranians who were ejected from the country.

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Rogue One wrote:Trump is Attacked for Proposed Muslim Ban, But a Democratic President Actually Banned Entry from Muslim Nation

Jimmy Carter froze immigration from the Muslim-majority nation of Iran after the 1979 hostage crisis.

Immediately after the U.S. Embassy in Tehran was overrun in 1979, Carter issued an executive order that all Iranian students in the U.S. had to report to immigration officials within thirty days. Out of a population of over 50,000, there were 15,000 Iranians who were ejected from the country.
Yes, but these were Iranian citizens, and they were not singled out because they were Muslim, but because they were Iranian. U.S citizens of Iranian descent were not affected by the executive order. These are important differences.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

txchamps, I think a better example would be FDR's internment camps during WW2. Where our government rounded up entire families of American citizen of Japanese descent and forced them into internment camps. They were literally law-abiding tax paying citizens held prisoner without due process or even any proof of wrong doing. . Many of those people lost homes/jobs/businesses as a result of that fear driven travesty. It was a dark event in our nations great history, and Mr. Trump seems to be pushing down a similar fear driven path. Interestingly, it was a Republican president and conservative icon, Ronald Reagan, who issued an official apology several decades later over the Japanese-American internment camps. It's disheartening to find those that have learned little from the mistakes of our past.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Telcoman

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Bubba1 wrote:txchamps, I think a better example would be FDR's internment camps during WW2. Where our government rounded up entire families of American citizen of Japanese descent and forced them into internment camps. They were literally law-abiding tax paying citizens held prisoner without due process or even any proof of wrong doing. . Many of those people lost homes/jobs/businesses as a result of that fear driven travesty. It was a dark event in our nations great history, and Mr. Trump seems to be pushing down a similar fear driven path. Interestingly, it was a Republican president and conservative icon, Ronald Reagan, who issued an official apology several decades later over the Japanese-American internment camps. It's disheartening to find those that have learned little from the mistakes of our past.
Totally agree

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

szh wrote:Okay ... Donald Trump officially reached the complete and total fascist scumbag level for me today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /76942932/. :mad:

The definition of fascism at its utter best! :mad:

What next ... an equivalent of Crystal Nacht? Unbelievable. :tisk:

Z
Trump supporters are the best!

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... nald-trump

For helping Hillary become the next president

Telcoman

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Trump reminds me of Hitler in his way to tap into the fear and anger of certain folks for his own gain. He is no Hitler, though. Hitler was an excellent speaker. Trump is the rich kid who makes his name making fun of the unpopular kids. I never liked those people when I was a kid and I sure as hell don't like them now. He would be a terrible president. Then again, so would Hillary. Bernie Sanders makes me laugh. I would entertain him if only to see what happens.

Return to “Politics Etc.”