truck forum

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
jhoward
Car: design, cars, music

We need more people in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Someone at my work just got a Nissan truck I'll get him here.Fred...:)

jhoward

Thanks. It's all too quiet in this section of the forum.:blue

gruntzz
Car: '92 240SX Convertible and '95 Pickup

Hey I love my truck! It was my first KA. I opened her up, put in a NISMO performance cam, K&N Filter, next is an MSD Ignition Kit. I am also working on a custom air intake system. The interior was stripped out and custom painted in purple/green. I have a purple ragtop sunroof that I am going to install this summer. I will have to take some digi pics as soon as the rain lets up. Anyone with Q's feel free to email.

PalmerWMD

gruntZ:

What exact year/model do you have?

Can't wait for those pics!!!

Can you tell us more about the "how to" of putting in the performance cam in a seperate thread?Please..:fruit:Same for that cold -air intake!

Fred...

gruntzz

The way it looks now I will have the pics this weekend. I have been thinking of posting a thread on the procedures for the cam installation and decided that I am going to put together a web page with a couple of photo galleries (nothing too fancy just one of those free host web sites with minimal storage capacity). But, here is the idea on the cold air setup I am planning. The basic theory is based on cowl induction. This would require a fiberglass (or CF hood if preferred). I am going to get a fiberglass shaker scoop (think late 70's TransAm) and fit it to the filter housing, or depending on fitment issues I will build an aluminum housing. Then cut a hole in the hood so that when it is closed the scoop profile extends above the hood. With this setup you can still use stock or K&N drop in filters. My thoughts are the only "cold" air you are going to be able to take in has to come from outside, not 8" from the engine... the cost will exceed CAI but why not be different!?

PalmerWMD

Grunt:

Any progress on that yet?

Fred...:)

bedbull

i have a 88 p up with a ka24de you well get more pic soon

bedbull

i am using the fly wheel off the thruck engine what i need is a steel clutch where on line can i get one

gruntzz

well here is the site that I have been promising, sorry it has taken so long to get this far but we have been pretty busy with all of the troops coming home. This truck is a lifetime project and it is only about a year into work. I know not everyone will like what I am doing but until your name is posted on the side and you start funneling me money... I am open to criticism, during lunch last week one of the guys that works for me came in and saw me working on the pictures for the site and exclamed how ugly it looked without knowing it was my truck, well he may be cleaning toilets for the next week but... JK enjoy the site, the cam installation information is not ready I am still working on a short notebook version of the manual. http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/gruntzz/index.html

PalmerWMD

Pretty nice.Like the 2 tone leather.Did you do the upholstery yourself too?

Fred...:)

flaco mariscal
Car: electronics and cars

What up guys, this forum for trucks is just dead, what happen to all the mini-truck lovers. By the way I own a 2000 Frontier and I've only upgraded the ignition system with jacobs electronics, exhaust,intake(K&N filter with no air box) and planning on some Hotshot headers soon. I also plan on getting the NISMO cams but not intill next year. I think that everyone that own trucks just wonder through the 240sx forums, we need to get this forum going.

AllmtrZ24

hey whats up. i'm new to this forum but i own an 86 720 pickup.3 inch drop blocks and adjusted torsion bar. i have the original ST model rims with insides painted black. in the engine bay i have the original Z24 with with ported head, 300 duration .503 lift web cam, Weber 45 DCOE's with canon intake manifold, headers, wires, and a 50 series Flowmaster. I love mini trucks, just as much as i love any other auto.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

AllmtrZ24 wrote:hey whats up. i'm new to this forum but i own an 86 720 pickup.3 inch drop blocks and adjusted torsion bar. i have the original ST model rims with insides painted black. in the engine bay i have the original Z24 with with ported head, 300 duration .503 lift web cam, Weber 45 DCOE's with canon intake manifold, headers, wires, and a 50 series Flowmaster. I love mini trucks, just as much as i love any other auto.

SWEET! :ylsuper

flaco mariscal

I always wanted a 720, but most of the ones I find are all beat up. Post some pictures to check out yours.

AllmtrZ24

yeah i got the digital cam and all but my truck was just recently in an accident. my bed, cab and door were smashed in. but i pulled it out and now i'm bodyworking the bed. i'll probably take some pics anyways(if it dont rain tomorrow). its not much of a show truck right now. still saving up for a nice paint job. performance wise i'm probably ownly in the 15's. man trucks can really sit hard with the wrong tires. yeah they should have named them beat em up's, half the one's i see are either rusted or look like someone parked em in a batting cage.

flaco mariscal

king_johnthegreat, from what year 240sx was that intake manifold from. Im about to buy one of a 95 will that fit? Im going the turbo ka route thats why I want the intake. Did you have to relocate the power steering pump or did you just take it off?

king_johnthegreat
Car: Anything rolling fast

My manifold if from a '95 240SX, and yes, I removed the power steering. I plan to replace it, but it will be some time.John

flaco mariscal

Do you have to modify the power steering bracket? Or the one from the 240sx fits it.

jhoward

that's a good question for the 240 owners.

deftdrummer
Car: cars, drums, music, technology

jhoward wrote:Thanks. It's all too quiet in this section of the forum.:blue
its all too boring in this section of the forum

deftdrummer
Car: cars, drums, music, technology

im a 240 owner and i dont even know how to work on my car let alone yours :-)

jhoward

HAHAHAHA. maybe we can teach you the ways of the force.:)

happyhippiechic

well i'm here now!

hola from texas!!! :)

stumbled across the site looking for some 240sx info for a dash swap and saw ya had a truck forum too! worked out great! :thumbup

anyhoo, got a 90 nissan hardbody with a whole buncha mods:

:: Exterior Modifications :: '95 hood '95 grill 4x4 front fenders front tilted hood shaved hood squirters shaved doors suicide doors shaved gas door shave tailgate with rollpan and tailgate combo composite headlights with mood lights shaved bed dump bed 3" body drop :: Engine & Exhaust Modifications :: stock 2.4L engine shaved firewall wire loom custom air intake relocated battery :: Interior Modifications :: full tweed with inlaid flames CRX bucket seats 240SX dash custom console :: Braking & Suspension Modifications :: air bag suspension four corners, side to side, front back, pancake 2600lbs Firestone bags front and back 3" Belltech drop spindles 4 link, monster notch - built by Barnyard Customs Mike White of Dallas, TX Parker valves 1/2" air lines push lock system 2 air tanks - 1 7gallon, 1 15gallon 2 Thompson pumps for backup on demand air :: Wheels & Tires :: 16" Z71 Chevy rims wrapped in 205/50/16 Falken tires

actually the truck belongs to my b/f, but i've had to adopt it. ;) my car is a 96 dodge avenger es with a few mods:

:: Exterior Modifications :: shaved door handles shaved side trim and badging '97 Avenger front end cleared parking lights clear front turns purple strobes in headlights purple washer lights purple painted calipers :: Engine & Exhaust Modifications :: full purple loom/engine dressing custom purple ground wire kit misc. purple painted caps & etc. purple Iceman CAI K&N filter :: Interior Modifications :: carbon fiber gauge bezel purple painted interior pieces purple interior lights :: Braking & Suspension Modifications :: DropZone adjustable coilovers with 3.5" drop KYB GR2 struts Neuspeed upper strut tie bar :: Audio & Video Modifications :: Pioneer SuperTuner III 6400 series deck Pioneer 6x9's Rockford Fosgate 5 1/4's 10" Hollywood Excursion subwoofer 222 Sony Xplode amp

kais3rboy

Hello everyone, I have a 93 HB.

Hey happyhippie, can you give me a link on how to do the 240 dash in the truck?

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Welcome to NICO Kaiserboy and happyhippichic! Nice rides:)

-Dan

Hank

Hey Truck Crew,Has anyone ever replace stock clutch radiator fan with an electrical fan on 97 P/U XE. Show me the light folks! Thanks.

jetblacknismo
Car: my wife, my truck, my dog

wow! this forum IS in need of some help! im here to help support it! although it does seem that most people r at the 240 forums.well i dont have a 240 so im here to stay!!!

nateo
Car: Bass guitars in all their glory.

Hi folks, I just picked up an 87 Nissan Hardbody SE 4x4, so I figure I'm entitled to hang around in here.

No mods yet, and none planned. The first step is to get her running again. I'm having the heads redone at the moment due to some pretty thorough valve failure.

With a fat dose of luck I'll have her on the road again by the middle of next week, and well off the road by that weekend (if you know what I mean).

If anyone has any experience with painting these things, I'd be glad for some advice. I'll be repainting the hood before too long (severe peeling) and I'd like to do it right.

-Nate

ripper

i'm new, just got my hands on a killer 90 king cab, 4 banger.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”