Trouble with my new (to me) pathy.

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Spectre_240sx
Car: 1990 240sx SE

I just bought an 87 Pathfinder with fairly high mileage for $750.00. The previous owner mentioned a rough idle sometimes, but he was able to drive it to my house and when I took it for a test drive it ran pretty well. Now that I finally got it registered, though, it won't start. A few times it seemed like it was going to go, but I can't hear any cylinders fire. After a while trying to start it I smell gas, but I can't tell where from. I thought he said he replaced the fuel filter, but I'm not positive on that. He mentioned some trouble with some of the idle control / fuel mixture equipment, but it doesn't seem like it was bad enough to keep it from firing at all.

I really want to get this thing on the road because I've been borrowing my dad's car for way too long now. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Spectre_240sx
Car: 1990 240sx SE

Ok, I let it sit for a while and it ran. Blew a whole bunch of black soot and stuff out the tailpipe though... (all over the driveway, my dad must love it, lol). Anyway, I think I'm going to see if I can get the O2 sensor replaced along with a few other things...

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”