trouble controling my EX35 on pavement deformation due to heavy trucks

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

We all experienced this type of problem driving on a road that is damaged by heavy truck traffic. it creates moderate to important deformation where heavy truck tires touch the road pavement.

There is such a road neer my house and it's the first time I actually feel I am loosing control of my steering wheel. it did'nt happen with my Acura MDX nor with the Toyota Camry the dealer provided me with while waiting for my EX35.

So I ask all you dealer representatives and owners of EX35 to tell me if you are experiencing the same situation. please tell me what type of tires you have.

Mine are dunlop 18 inch.

Ciao for now

FLAMEX
Car: EX35

I've noticed what you are referring to once or twice but not sure if this is an issue or just a really bad stretch of road.

mikec

I haven't noticed this. I do go over rough roads with no problems. I have not gone over the roads with deep gullies from heavy truck or bus tires like the elevated 40 used to be. I do remember experiencing that with my Murano and it did pull the steering around.

I have the Toyo snow tires that come in 225 55 18 and they are amazing. I had Dunlops on my Murano and thought that they were very good but the Toyos are a real surprise.

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

did you remove the all year tires to install the toyo winter ones? if yes what is the make?

thanks for the info I will install the winter tires as well. it's a must on this car.

mikec

The original all seasons are Dunlop and yes you have to get the Toyos. They are the only ones that make a snow tire in that size. Available in Canada only. Hard to find as the Infiniti dealers grabbed them up first. I got mine from the dealer because my regular tire guy couldn't get them and I didn't want to install wider tires for winter.

Mike

tazdevl
Car: EX35 Journey AWD Plat Graph/Stone - Fully Loaded

It isn't the tires... your expectations are out of whack. The car is not an SUV... it's a fastback version of a sports sedan/coupe. Ground clearance is under 6 inches. I had this exact same behavior in my Lexus IS350. It's normal.

Comparing the EX to a Camry is like comparing apples to oranges. Same goes for your MDX.

Rfong

I also find the suspension hops and jumps abruptly over large bumps such as railroad tracks or transition road surfaces with an elevation difference or old pot holes in the street. This happens on City streets at slower speeds and never on the highways. It feels like the shocks are too stiff or if they were adjustable shocks they were set on the Firm setting.

Any suggestions for a solution? How about softer springs? Or changing bushings?

Is the EX suspension identical with the G35 set up and does the G35 experience the same hard bumps? If not, maybe a swap may solve the problem.

majorloser
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

mikec wrote:The original all seasons are Dunlop and yes you have to get the Toyos. They are the only ones that make a snow tire in that size. Available in Canada only. Hard to find as the Infiniti dealers grabbed them up first. I got mine from the dealer because my regular tire guy couldn't get them and I didn't want to install wider tires for winter.

Mike
What's snow?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”