Triumph TR6 with nissan/infiniti rear end

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Alv8l
Car: 1991 Q45

Hello Everyone,

Posted on here a long time ago about my project. I have done an engine swap into a 71 Triumph TR6. The R200 rear end is out of a infinity q45 and so far it has been running fine. But as I increase the boost on my Engine the stock drive axle ujoints will be a week point, I'm only looking to make about 250hp. They are a week point even with the stock engine. I know that pre-made drive axles are available but at more than $1500 a pair they are a bit pricey right now

I have a wheel bearing adapter that allows me to fit s13 wheel assembly onto the triumph trailing arm. Why S13 well it has the same wheel bolt pattern as the stock triumph wheels

A 2001 infiniti cv wheel side drive axle will fit into the s13 hub the problem being that with the rubber cv boot on, it wont fit in the trailing arm. So what I'm asking is there a cv axle in the Nissan/Infinity line up that has a cv boot on the wheel side that mounts flush with the cv case. Or is there a CV drive axle that fits in the s13 hub that has a diameter of 4 inches or less with the rubber boot on? Thanks for any help or ideas. If you think this needs to be posted in another forum let me know. Cheers
Al

EdBwoy

No direct help from me unfortunately, but I'd leave the post up with here the hope someone who's done it (or who knows someone who's done it) will give solid advice.

For me, all I can think of is to check in the drift forums or the 240sx hangouts. I vaguely recall them borrrowing a lot from the Q45 and with 4 to 5 lug swaps, they might have more knowledge of the different things that can be done with earlier Nissan drivetrains.

Return to “General Chat”