Treed a J30T...Please help me have a few ?? for you owners

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
tbird71
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q 45

Hi everybody, I've been wanting a J car ever since 1993 when I couldn't afford them

OK, today, I found one on a lot. 1995 J30T, 130K miles, body real straight, interior nice not perfect, radio replaced
motor sounds GREAT just as it should (like my 87 300ZX) trans shifts out real good, needs alignment and new rotors,
windows all work (drivers is slow) exhaust looks stock and good, tires good, no service records (timing belt) needs some cosmetic body work (paint in few areas, door pads frayed as they usually get I've heard) etc etc

Pretty good oil mess bottom of motor, dont know where it's coming from, engine splash guard is toast (maybe gaskets?)
runs drives and shifts as it should, tach a bit slow, no lights on, everything functional

NOW....few questions...

Should I get it up on a lift first to see where all that oil on motor is coming from?

Model Question: I read that in 95 the touring model no longer has hicas steering, if anybody knows what the 95 touring model had extra I would appreciate it.

This one looks to be worth bringing back, doesn't look abused as much as neglected. Back seat looks new no tears in any of the seats. Wish he had that stock radio

From what I've described, is this J30 worth 2000+tax?

Or, should I look for a little bettter example (if I was lucky enough to find one)
Check this out below:

I appreciate you owners opinions and WILL take them to heart...Thanks, Guys!

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

The oil leak is either coming from oil sending unit, or more commonly both valve covers!
The valve covers are not easy to get to, needing plenum removal and replacement of lots of vacuum hoses...

Junya
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30t

95-97 touring models do not have hicas. To double verify you can ask to look under and take a picture of the rear suspension. It's easy to spot.

Honestly I wouldn't pay that much for a J30

Interior
Exterior
Engine

If 2 of those three above mentioned are screwed, you're better off without it.

There's plenty of J30s in the west coast and south for that price range in better condition. Hell I missed out on a $900 black in black 1993 j30 last month.

tbird71
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q 45

Junya; You have a nice one but I was readin your posts you put quite a bit into it
didnt you? On this one it's about average, he wont take 15 for it, I may ask him if I can
take it up and put on a rack, I dont want an oil drippin bas#### in my driveway, if he wont let me I pass immediately,
if he says ok and it's the valve covers leaking screw it. If it's just the oil sending unit I may try an 1800 offer will let you
know how it goes.
I can buy a pretty nice Q45 for 2000 right now as far as that goes. They're abundant down here in south FL

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

1993 and 1994 J30t models are the only ones with HICAS. For $2K you can get better examples, I saw one last year while on business in Nevada.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

From the posted picture you have the forged not cast wheels and the heavy duty suspension.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”