Tree removal

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
tiger-SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R / 2002 Xterra / 1974 Datsun 610/ Suzuki GSX650F - "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"

Ok, I just moved into my new house, and one of the first things I need to take care of is a 55 ft pine tree thats located 8 ft from my living room. I also need to get 5 other trees trimmed back. I got my first estimate today......$2400

I got 6 other people coming by next week, hopefully with some cheaper costs. The tree is full of carpenter ants and the roots have messed with the chimney. $$$$$$$$$

guess I know how I'm spending my bonus I just got

anyone else have had large trees taken away from their property?

Finny
Car: 2001 QX4

Yep, just bought a house with a similar problem. 3/4 acre lot with 14 huge Black Oaks... I can't com close to getting my arms around them and i'm 6'5".They loom over the house I can't keep up with the leaves, they are wrecking my roof and concrete. I have some estimates around $2000 a piece to have them cut and removed stumps and all.

I am going to have one of them cut down this winter but have them leave a couple large logs to see what I can get for them from a lumber company. I have heard if they can be used a veneer logs you could get 2-5k for each log... I hope it's true.

krazydriver
Car: 2002 civic ex, 1993 KA-T 240sx - parting it out...

My parents got a wood stove and fireplace at their house. Last year i went and helped them drop 2 ~65' locust trees. Locust burns real hot, but it's good for starting a fire then using the heat to light off some wood that burns slower.

it's kinda scary dropping trees that big by yourself. but just notch the side you want it to fall towards, then notch the back and once you hear cracking RUN!!!

We just left the stumps though.. one was about 3.5' across. You can imagine how long it took to split all the wood.

Return to “Around the House”