transmition problems

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
globe471
Car: 1990 nissan 240sx hatch
1978 datsun 620 truck
2008 yamaha r6

hey guys im new to this forum my name is Armando. anyhow i recently got a 1978 620 truck for 500 bucks it has the l20b motor in it and runs really good picked it up for 500 bucks, the problem that the does have is that my reverse does not want to go in sometimes but sometimes it does and i decided to change the transmition i found one for a decent price and the guy i bought it from said it will blot right up to the l20b motor. ok so i take my tranny off and put the new one i got and it does not line up with the bolt pattern it has this numbers zl71b#2 were is this tranny from? i compare it to my original one and i has some differences and has a different number which is L6 does any one have one for sale? or were can i find one?

Charlie69
Car: 1966 Datsun 520

Post an thread on Ratsun in the drive train section, Datzenmike will probaly tell you what it is he is compiling information on trans & motors. I am guessing from the # it is from a Z motor (Z20, Z22, Z24) car or truck.

If it is a Z motor trans it should bolt up to th L motor if you rotate the trans. This puts the shifter at an angle. It is also possible to swap the bells on the transmission. Here again contact Datzenmike on Ratsun forum.

Also your location & pictures goes a long ways when you need help.

Return to “Datsun Chat”