Transmission won't connect

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
s14Geoff

Have both the engine and transmission out of the car but still can't get the two installed. Are there any tricks you guys have getting the two connected? I can get it to slide in part of the way but not fully. I have been twisting the nut on the front to turn the crank but haven't been able to get the transmission in the splines. Haven't' messed with the clutch since I took the two apart so it shouldn't be misaligned.

Edit* have tried raising the rear of the motor and picking up the tranny and twisting it in still won't work...

Would it help to grease this?

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

It's always a good idea to at least push a clutch alignment tool in to make sure it's aligned. The removal can sometimes nudge it out a bit. Also, having a buddy help you makes it much easier. One person to do the lifting and one to do the fiddling. I use a broken driveshaft end piece inserted in the output of the trans to turn the input shaft (needs to be in gear of course). This helps with spline alignment. Greasing the input shaft and throwout bearing a little is good, just don't "glob it on there", ha ha. Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

s14Geoff

Ended up buying a new disc and pressure plate and will be getting the flywheel resurfaced. I thought this was kind of odd though.

The old disc wouldn't slide on the input shaft (I think it's called). Is this normal? This might be a dumb question I just thought this might be why I couldn't slide the transmission on.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”