Transmission Shifting

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Boulders
Car: 2013 G37 IPL

Greetings Guys I need some advice
I have a 2013 G37 IPL with the Auto and Paddle setup while its great and fast.
when I switch to manual mode it seems to lag shifting and in auto it seems to kinda MUSH into gears more then just shift.
its not excessive like there is a problem its more like they tried to make it feel less harsh when shifting to make it a more
comfortable ride. Well I don't care about that I want it to shift faster and harder with a more positive feel. any suggestions??
can this be done with a programmer??? or do I need to find a performance transmission place and change some springs and accumulator inside??

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICOclub!

if you're using manual shift mode, it won't shift aggressively unless you're hammering on it and taking it to redline. Otherwise, it's programmed to shift in a way that protects the transmission, if that makes any sense.

I'm not sure of anything that's out there for trans programming, but there is probably something. There is a company called Level 10 Performance that does transmission builds for the 7AT in the G37 and Q50, and it's a couple internal upgrades as well as an increase in the line pressure to the transmission, and I hear their upgrade is amazing.

Boulders
Car: 2013 G37 IPL

thanks for the Info I will check them out maybe they have something.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”