Transmission Shifting

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Boulders
Car: 2013 G37 IPL

Transmission Shifting

Postby Boulders » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am

Greetings Guys I need some advice
I have a 2013 G37 IPL with the Auto and Paddle setup while its great and fast.
when I switch to manual mode it seems to lag shifting and in auto it seems to kinda MUSH into gears more then just shift.
its not excessive like there is a problem its more like they tried to make it feel less harsh when shifting to make it a more
comfortable ride. Well I don't care about that I want it to shift faster and harder with a more positive feel. any suggestions??
can this be done with a programmer??? or do I need to find a performance transmission place and change some springs and accumulator inside??

RicerX
Administrator
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Re: Transmission Shifting

Postby RicerX » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Welcome to NICOclub!

if you're using manual shift mode, it won't shift aggressively unless you're hammering on it and taking it to redline. Otherwise, it's programmed to shift in a way that protects the transmission, if that makes any sense.

I'm not sure of anything that's out there for trans programming, but there is probably something. There is a company called Level 10 Performance that does transmission builds for the 7AT in the G37 and Q50, and it's a couple internal upgrades as well as an increase in the line pressure to the transmission, and I hear their upgrade is amazing.

Boulders
Car: 2013 G37 IPL

Re: Transmission Shifting

Postby Boulders » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

thanks for the Info I will check them out maybe they have something.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”