Transmission serviced improves mpg?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
loomex
Car: 2011 nissan rogue

Hello all. Been trolling here for a while, learning what I can about my 2011 Rogue. A few weeks ago I noticed a whistling noise coming from my rogue under light acceleration. It was much like the sound you make blowing over a half filled beer bottle. Wife said it had been there for a while. I called the previous owner and found that there had never been a transmission service done on it. The car had 78,300 miles on it. I took it to my local dealer where they did a complete flush and inspection on it. The fluid was dirty, but everything checked out and was in good condition. I took it for a drive (about 70 miles!), and the noise was gone. Now here's the mystery....I got gas at the halfway point and by the time I got home, my MPG gage was saying I was averaging 29mpg, about 3-4 MPG higher than I have gotten before on the same route. Could the transmission service been the reason for the increase?
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

That could be, but also it could vary depending on your tire pressures, tires, air filters (both cabin and engine), your driving style, the route you use, and possibly the type of gas you use (not sure how the latter works with MPGs but it could be a factor).

Like right now for me, my MPGs and range is dropping so I am in the midst of changing the filters (both are dirty). My cabin air filter has 40k miles on it and now its fresh but I gotta love how Nissan makes poor design choices. And the Engine air filter, which is really clogged and dirty, has 30k miles on it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”