Transmission replacement

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
fidel101
Car: 1991 240sx hatchback
2012 versa sedan

Ok first hi to everyone this is my first post on here but I've been on this forum before in the 240 area. Well my question is if anyone know if the cvt from a 2013 versa work in a 2012 versa? I mean they're the same body and everything the only difference I'm seeing is that the transmission number changes from RE0F11A to RF0F11A. My question is because I can find a 2013 transmission easier and way cheaper than a 2012 and in my versa has a bad transmission right now I need to replace but dealership is way too much and I'm not a noob to mechanic work I just replaced a transmission in my brothers accord so I have a good idea of what I am doing but I know with newer cars there's not as much information. I've been researching and looking for my answer all over the web with no answer

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!

Good luck with the swap. Start by checking out the FSM link in my signature for the different model years to see if the same unit and parts numbers are there for the internal pieces.
I'll try to get you some more help.

fidel101
2012 versa sedan

ok thanks, so i looked over the manuals for 2012 versa and 2014 since the 2013 one isn't available and they both call for the RE0F11A transmission. This just leaves me wondering if theres a typo with either nissan or with whoever posts the used transmissions online lol. But i will try to call nissan tech support or whatever i can reach about asking about servicing the cars to see if theres something they know. If i get a green light I will be buying a transmission today and will be on this. I need this car for the long drives, ,mine doesnt lock in or "shift" into the final gear which makes me not drive this car anywhere where I have to drive over 45 mph, hate straining the engine and my mpgs go to like 18 mpg.

fidel101
2012 versa sedan

so just an update if anyone has cared to view this, it appears that the production for the 2012 have a small variation and the part numbers are not the same for the 2013+ versa models. Now this doesnt mean that a 2013 transmission wont work but the nissan parts guy told me that there is a chance that it wont work and that the transmissions themselves have different part numbers. The only people who would actually know if they can work somehow is probably someone who has tried it or some engineers which i know i wont be able to contact lol but well im stuck now I dont want to purchase a transmission that might work and end up not working because all sales are final

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah, it might bolt up, but for all I know, the damn TCM operates on a different frequency and wouldn't talk to it, or it would need to be reporgrammed, or the connectors are different, or something dumb like that.

I'd recommend just getting the correct one if you're going to do all the work of pulling it out yourself. It would really suck to get everything done and bolted in only to find out it doesn't work.

fidel101
2012 versa sedan

Yeah, well after scavaging the web I think I might buy a parts transmission and change out the valve body and that should fix it.

Return to “Versa General Chat”