Transmission Rattle is back!!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
alloveru
Car: 2013 - JX35
2011 - loaded suburb outback aka garbage

So I purchased my Rouge in early April '08, noticed the rattle shortly after, didn't think much of it, till mid July when the noise got pretty bad.

Dealership took it in and ordered new transfer case and transmission. Finally had that installed September 4th. No sounds!!! Yay!!!

So i was driving home the other night, was slowing down, and now, the sound! It is faint right now, but it is there!. Called the dealership, and they confirmed that it would happen again as Nissan hasn't come out with a fix. So now i am stuck with another faulty transmission.

Has anyone heard any updates?

Cheers

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

The response of the dealership stating that they expected the noise to return makes absolutely no sense, since those of you with the tranny rattle are a very small percentage of total owners - the majority of us seem to have no problems at all, so I think it is impossible for the dealer to predict who may experience this in the future unless there is something unique about your vehicle such as a defect based on the date of manufacture, that would cause a repetitive tranny problem.

alloveru
Car: 2013 - JX35
2011 - loaded suburb outback aka garbage

Thats a good thought kerrton. Lets see what Nissan plans to do about this!

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

When I went to the dealer when I first noticed the noise, at the end of the day I was told that the trans would be replaced. The following day I received a call from the dealer saying that Nissan was aware of the noise and wouldn't ok a transmission replaced because the noise would come back

Return to “Rogue Forum”