Transmission problem

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Friend123
Car: Rogue

This is the situation I have with the 3 montyhs old Rogue.

Almost every time, when the car is backing up and the steering wheal turns at the same time, there is a loud "pop" sound coming from a transmission. I went to the dealer for check up, and he told me it is common problem with some transmition belt. The dealer also says they believe it will be recalled to fix thisproblem. Anyone have the same problem?

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum!

There have been a few members experiencing transmission issues. Read the following post for more information:

zerothread/335131

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Do you have an AWD or FWD Rogue? It looks like the problems others have reported might be limited to just AWD models.....

Friend123
Car: Rogue

SL AWD Premium Package

nananina
Car: Rogue SL AWD, leather package, moonroof

Yes, the same thing happened just this morning to my wife. She was backing out of a parking space, started to turn the wheel and heard a loud pop sound. We also have an SL AWD

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

"Yes, the same thing happened just this morning to my wife. She was backing out of a parking space, started to turn the wheel and heard a loud pop sound. We also have an SL AWD" Quote

...well, until reading this thread, I thought that my wife just probably ranover a pop can or something when she was backing out of her parkingspace where she works......this EXACT thing happened to her then. So,now I wonder....up to this point, (3700miles), we had not had any strange noises being emitted. I wonder if its connected to the "rattling"tranny problems?

God , will this tranny crap ever stop??

petersami
Car: 08 nissan rogue sl awd

O thank you lord..... i thought i was crazy and i was the only one who could hear it......actually my problem does it forwards and back...except if i do it backing up it does almost feel like i've backed into something... spooked me pretty well the first time

MHmidhudson
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD / 2006 Frontier CC SE 4x4

SL AWD, VIN 100246 = September '07 build16,550 miles as of 7/5I've never experienced the 'pop' you mention in your post.

pedror
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

There is mention of this in the Owners Manual (Canadian version page 5-28):

Quote »The VDC system computer has a built-in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and move the vehicle at a low speed forward or backward. When the self-test occurs, you may hear a "clunk" noise and/or a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.[/quote]

ffcyclist

Hello, i'm brand new to this forum, 1st post, but having the same problem. I noticed a vibration/rattle in the rear of the vehicle. Also a noise, hard to describe, as you decelerate to a stop. Took it to nissan, and after 6 hours they said it was the transmission and it had to be replaced. Sound familiar. Well the reason I am doing this post is to tell you that it is a FWD tranny. Thanks for the other posts they proved to be helpful

2008 nissan rogue FWD

Return to “Rogue Forum”