transmission noise QX70 3.0 D

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
quintard
Car: Infiniti QX70 3.0D

Hello,
I hear a slight clack under my QX70 3.0 D at the level of the transmission under the car when I reverse front rear or rear front, have you ever had that? rather towards the gearbox outlet. Thank you for your opinion.

imnprsd
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

Not enough fluid. Did you recently do a transmission flush and the mechanic did not know how to fill it properly?

Do you have a transmission dipstick? ...Read my post on how confusing it is to fill your ATF to the right level.

Clicking when put is reverse is usually a sign of not enough fluid. But you have to ask why that maybe the case?

quintard

I did an oil change recently because of this noise, but I think it's the transfer case chain that has stretched a little.

macgiver

Transfer cases of the type which have their OWN separate gearlube , compartmentalized from the actual transmission fluid - if your IS like this - CHECK , better yet CHANGE THAT FLUID in x-fer case , usually a GL-4 , like 85/90 .........90/145 whatevah !!!
It IS AWD...right ?? :facepalm:

imnprsd
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

If you are thinking drive line, then maybe inspecting your drive line components are the first place to start.

macgiver

Good point about the driveline , that ought to be in the mix , but when you mention a stretched chain? That's crazy wear , like LOW fluid ? and why LOW ? And you would in the case of that situation go and change transfer fluid to a heavier , 90/145 whatevah " heavy duty SUV rated ? I mean Lube shops "greasers" manytimes don't get it filled right , or forget , leaving a super low level - you'll never know , right? Chains , the bottom of them usually need to be "bathed" at the proper depth of fluid - No?
Gotta see fo yourself :lolling:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's a bulletin for almost everything Nissan since '10 for clicking in an axle on acceleration, and the Infiniti version applies to the Q70 from '14~'19. They can also get clickety on F/R shifting, so it might be worth checking out. Here's the bulletin:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 5-0001.pdf

quintard

I looked under the car and the "clack" is coming from inside the transfer case. and as here in france, infiniti does not change the chains, they require changing the entire transfer box! that's a lot of money, I also have an important tramline that appeared, I only have 120,000 km, I also have a little siren noise at the bottom right of the QX70D 3.0 engine, I had 2 discs veiled, I had already changed the radiator of the EGR valve, also a lot of money, I am retired with a very quiet driving, so I decided to sell the vehicle......... ....

macgiver

Your one " Smart Fella " ?........................and NOT the other way around :naughty:

Vive La France !!!!!! :yesnod

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”