transmission interchange

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
counterfeitxerox
Car: 95 altima

I have done plenty of searching (ewven hollander from the junk yard) with no definite answer. I have a 1995 nissan altima manual non locking transmission. what other transmissions will fit with little to no mods? Can I use a locking trans? If yes what other parts do i need to make the conversion? i.e axles hub anything. What all is needed to do a swap from manual to automatic?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I think you need the trans-axle... and an LSD. I'd look at parts diagrams from a dealership site, such as Courtesy Nissan Parts. They should have part numbers and pictures of both configurations. FSM will show the stuff, but not with part numbers.

counterfeitxerox
Car: 95 altima

Well transaxle smansaxle. I did a complete TRANSMISSION swap (minus the clutch) and she is now a purrin down the road. Although I do have a hard shake when upshifting or downshifting and giving too much throttle, especially when pulling out. I believe it is in the mounts somewhere. Like they are worn out and allowing alot of engine rock. Maybe I bent the cross member when I left it hanging for a few days during the swap? IDK I still have some investigating to do with that. 500$ BTW broke the bank

Return to “Altima General Discussions”