2001 QX4 Transmission fluid filter "funnel thing"

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

So I'm swapping my transmission fluid filter and the one I got has a shorter funnel thing (pictured below) than the original.
I've just gone ahead and kept the old one in there, but could I use this or should I get my money back from Amazon?
It was listed as a compatible part on Rock Auto.
Attachments
thing.jpg

macgiver

That's gonna create a slightly GREATER distance to bottom of pan , right? yeah .
Now IF that's the screen type and not a fiber /sponge type filter ? And it looks very similar to my J-30's,and what I do is blow them out w/air then brakleen and repeat three times - make a judgement call on final 'cleanliness ' then I install my backup one . See I got two screen filters , when I purchased the second , and figured to clean it , stow it and just make a 'clean-swap' every change . I would then clean the removed one after test drive and tools away , stowing the cleaned screen filter for next time.

As far as the 'funnel' lip being shorter - I had a FWD Olds which cavitated at weird times , so I "fluted " the funnel -skirt more opened and wider . After my alteration I never lost accumulator pressure (loss of drive) , never again . So I think even what LOOKS like a minor physical difference - you don't want to try that funny -lookin one in my opinion,so either find the RIGHT one/shape OR blow out like I say the one in the tranny , DO use a new O-ring of course.

RETURN that " Overseas " filter , get double your money-back , return the unused portion for CASH F 'n refund :lolling:

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”