Transmission beehive cooler install question. Huh?!?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

So what is the way? :facepalm:

Why does it seem that everybody on youtube is going from above to get to the beehive. On the rogues and even the juke.

Well I knew it was on the left side, but I didn't really look. But when I was repairing my split boot yet again, I tried to take a glance at the beehive, and whoa, I didnt know it was right there if I removed the plastic panels around the wheel.

I just thought everybody goes through the top which is a headache for me. I did hear vaguely you could go near the wheel well but I never believed it because I couldn't see it.

So is it just a given that everybody changes the beehive near the wheel well or I was just damn ignorant for a decade here. :bang

Because this changes everything, now I might tackle this transmission cooler install. YouTube really confused me because people were dismantling from the top.:facepalm2

Moreover, I will even change the little filter if this is the same route everybody takes or is it somehow impossible from the wheel well by any chance cuz of bolt access.:ohno:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:57 pm
Why does it seem that everybody on youtube is going from above to get to the beehive. On the rogues and even the juke.
I have no earthly clue. You're quite right, they're much easier to access from underneath on every model.

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:34 am
[quote=casperfun post_id=6830103 time=<a href="tel:1633240631">1633240631</a> user_id=146207]Why does it seem that everybody on youtube is going from above to get to the beehive. On the rogues and even the juke.
I have no earthly clue. You're quite right, they're much easier to access from underneath on every model.
[/quote]
casperfun wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:57 pm
So what is the way? :facepalm:

Well I knew it was on the left side, but I didn't really look. But when I was repairing my split boot yet again, I tried to take a glance at the beehive, and whoa, I didnt know it was right there if I removed the plastic panels around the wheel.

I just thought everybody goes through the top which is a headache for me. I did hear vaguely you could go near the wheel well but I never believed it because I couldn't see it.

So is it just a given that everybody changes the beehive near the wheel well or I was just damn ignorant for a decade here. :bang

Because this changes everything, now I might tackle this transmission cooler install. YouTube really confused me because people were dismantling from the top.:facepalm2

Moreover, I will even change the little filter if this is the same route everybody takes or is it somehow impossible from the wheel well by any chance cuz of bolt access.:ohno:
Thanks for this, I will be looking into this also now that it’s easier from the bottom. Got a recommendation for the bee hive brand?
I’ve always been avoiding this due to the more complicated RR from the top as seen on YouTube. Just never had the time to look my self from underneath.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

We only use Nissan beehives at the shop, but if anyone is having problems with China clones I haven't heard about it. There's no rocket-science in cloning a heat exchanger, and that's all the beehive is.

Return to “Rogue Forum”