Trans Temp from OBDII

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
misfit77
Car: 2013 Infiniti M56

Can our car put out the tranny temp via OBD port?

I have the generic ELM 327 and full version of Torque. No Go I tried a few trials off Google Play, nothing.

I am a victim of the RE7R01A failure and installing a cooler. I want to see if the cooler does anything.

If not, I have type K thermocouples that I can attach to the In/Out on the transmission line.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's definitely a PID for it. The FSM shows two values readable with Consult3+, pan temperature and Torque Converter temperature. Can't help you with what other scanners might be able to read it, Nissan PID info ranges from scant to nonexistent. On the internet, people using custom PID's with Torque Pro on Frontiers and Armadas are usually able to get data, but the returns don't make sense. I suspect that's because the TCM is returning an "ATF Temp Count" similar to what the CVT trannies output, not an actual temperature. So even if you get data, you may not be able to translate it to anything usable.

kami_sn
Car: 2019 Infiniti Q70L

I use OBDlink MX+ and OBD fusion app and does give you both pan and Turbine. You need to buy additional Infiniti scanner package in the app.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”