Trans fluid for stage 2 act clutch and what grease

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
l7ck77
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Which transmission fluid would be best for stock ka24de with stage 2 clutch kit, will be drifting and daily, also what grease would be best to lube everything up, they gave me a little in the package, but is it enough? Do i need to use it on the release bearing and what the release bearing goes on as well?

tunermt
Car: s13 ka-t running AEM EMS v1, Gallant VR4 Running AEM EMSv2, S2k waiting for the Haltech

First if your are asking these questions take a step back BEFORE you take anything apart and get yourself 100% familiar with all the parts and steps involved in changing your clutch. I fully support anyone taking on the DIY approach but be sure you give yourself a fighting chance and up that knowledge base a bit more.

The throw-out bearing goes on the transmission input shaft and is what pushes on the pressure plate when you press the clutch pedal down. The grease will be used very lightly on the input shaft/bearing. (DO NOT use to much grease here as it will wind up on your clutch/pressure plate/flywheel and then you'll have a slipping clutch.)

Transmission fluid/oil has nothing to do with the clutch you are using. You just need some basic manual trans oil nothing special at all. Check the OEM specs if you want the exact oil weight/viscosity.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Trans oil you'll want a GL-4 fluid. Redline MT90 has sort of been the gold standard for S-chassis people for a long time.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”