Trans Cooler

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
The Rogue Runner
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL

I'm considering adding an auxiliary cvt cooler to my 2016 Rogue SL. Seems hot temperatures are here to stay. I looked at the service manual schematic, Transmission TM, page 217 but doesn't show flow. The schematic view is front to rear, left hose labeled #2A, right hose #4B. Can some one point out the pressure side for me, I searched through the forum but could not locate any info on pressure side. THX for helping.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-08-07 13-36-20.png

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The other '10D's with vertical radiator tanks all use the hose marked in red as the outlet and the one in blue as the return. However, a Rogue owner here recently raised a question about it regarding the gen2's. The '10D on the Rogue has a different case from the other '10D's (similar to the Juke), so while the beehive is identical and I'm about 95% sure it's the same, I'm not 100%. So if it matters to your cooler, you should double-check. It shouldn't matter to a standard open-loop cooler, but if you're installing a conventional cooler with a built-in bypass then it will.

One thing I should point out if you haven't purchased your cooler yet, another poster here recently made me aware of these:
https://www.haydenauto.com/en/products/ ... ss-coolers

These new coolers are a frankly brilliant idea from Hayden. They have a 165F crack temperature (correct for a CVT, unlike most other H-valve coolers which crack at 180F), and Hayden's patent is for a reed valve setup which makes the cooler bi-directional, so it doesn't care about inlet and outlet. I'm very impressed with it and will probably replace the open-loop Hayden on my wife's Altima with one of them.

Gen2 Rogue Beehive.jpg
Gen2 Rogue Beehive.jpg (38.94 KiB) Viewed 368 times

The Rogue Runner
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL

Thanks, your explanation clears it up, also thanks for the heads up on the Hayden cooler, If I decide to do it I will buy it, excellent product.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “Rogue Forum”