tranny swap help for 2003 turbo altima

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
alti03

I have a 3.5 auto that will be getting a turbo. i'll be getting more of my parts by the end of this week. i've been waiting almost 8 months to get my complete kit. well i was misinformed that this would work with an auto when it doesnt. i was told that a MT would be better in the long run so i need to do a tranny swap to a MT. i know what parts i need i've tried the other forum with some help. does anyone know if the MT Ecu plug right into a AT harness. will the Mt bolt right up. would the techs at the dealership know any of this and be able to help. any help would be great. please no negative remarks on why turbo a altima i get enough of that at other forums. thanks

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Who would post negative things about a turbo 3.5L?

I haven't herd or read about anyone doing the 5-speed swap into the Altima.

I wonder if you could use the 6-speed out of the Maxima?

Sounds like you will have a great car!

Good luck and keep us posted.

SE-Real
Car: 2005 nissan atima se-r

your looking at way too much time and money to do a tranny swap, so why dont you trade your car for a mt car?

nismo96ka

6spd out of the maxima might be diff. but i'd say the 6spd out of the SE-R altima would definetly work. but yea why not trade the car in?

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”