Tranny slip

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Ramroids55
Car: 06' Altima SER Nismo tune

So, about a month into having my SE-R, i'm having some tranny slippage. Mainly from 1st into second. Also, there is a delay when selecting D(yes, its the AT). I've read about the valve bodies in these car sucking, i've read the solenoid replacement helps..the thing is, i have no code. Plugged in the obd2 tool, read the computer, no code.

So i pulled the tranny dip stick. Darker than maple syrup, but no burnt smell. I'm not sure if this car has had the tranny fluid changed in its lifetime or not. I've asked a few "mechanics" about doing a tranny flush. They say that the clutch particles in the fluid help it bite, etc, then i read that people change the fluid at over 150k miles and have no issues. So here's my question. Do a flush/filter change at the dealership or not? Anyone had any issues after a flush?

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

Howdy, I myself also have had the 5 AT numerous times and each one except the current car, have had the transmission flush with no issues. I can't recall the exact mileage that is required for this service, but if your having slippage, that could be a bigger problem. The transmission flush is recommended, but keep in mind I've never had a Altima yet at 150,000. I would notice the car being sluggish, but after the service it was like new. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”